“Very good Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was a very nice, clean, well maintained hotel. The front desk staff was fantastic. Breakfast was the only downfall. Usual cereals muffins Ect. but the hot sandwiches were premade wrapped in refridgerator like the gas station sandwiches, but we didnt really eat there anyways there is a Dunkin Donuts just down the street.
I would definatly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had no problems checking in and getting situated. The hotel was very nice, clean and up to date. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. (Double Queen - third floor) The breakfast was decent, but could've used more options and variety. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was located close enough to food and downtown. We will definitely stay here again for next years Super Spartan race!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The motel is clean, and very comfortable. It was a convenient location when we rode the I&M and Hennepin canal trails. breakfast wast good. The onlt issue was the price, which was inflated a little due to the "resort" location near Starved Rock.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JCOhio31
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay. The service was great, the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. I got a king room by accident and they switched it right away for a two bed room no problem and no questions asked! I will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I know this is definitely not going to be a 'normal' review on this site, so bear with me...

I set out from Chicago on a 90-mile bike ride and really didn't have a place to stay overnight. I did virtually the entire length of the I&M Canal Bike Path and figured that my end would be somewhere around Starved Rock. I'm so glad that I crashed at the Fairfield Inn.

The staff let me park my bike in one of their storage areas....they didn't have to do that but I'm very happy they did. The hot tub was pretty much a necissity after the ride--and that area (along with the pool) was very clean and efficient. Same with the breakfast area in the morning. Clean space and a good variety of food. Best part was the room: I like the idea of a separate living room area. Two flat-screen TVs, two iPod charging stations...what's not to like?

For Interstate 80 travelers, I'm sure it's pretty convenient too (right off the highway).

5-stars all the way around!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield and the staff was very professional, the place clean and the breakfast excellent. What we had difficulty with was the handicapped room. The room had railings but a very small area near the toilet, causing my mother to have difficulty turning around in the bathroom. The floor had slippery tiles and there was no refridgerator. The staff assured me when making the reservation that we would have a fridge and a microwave. While this is true in all other rooms, it is not true for handicapped rooms. We needed a fridge to store medication. We were also not give a fee adjustment due to the lack of fridge.

If you are able bodied, you'll love it but if you have mobility problems BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel was newer, staff was friendly, it was clean. The breakfast was o.k. Cereal, toast, bagels, waffels, fruit, hard boiled eggs, breakfast sandwiches and biscuit and gravy. Pool was very small - capacity 17 and whirlpool capacity 3. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area? Share your experiences!