“Good, but a little over-prived”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
Ohio
“Good, but a little over-prived”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The motel is clean, and very comfortable. It was a convenient location when we rode the I&M and Hennepin canal trails. breakfast wast good. The onlt issue was the price, which was inflated a little due to the "resort" location near Starved Rock.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JCOhio31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay. The service was great, the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. I got a king room by accident and they switched it right away for a two bed room no problem and no questions asked! I will stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Willowbrook, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I know this is definitely not going to be a 'normal' review on this site, so bear with me...

I set out from Chicago on a 90-mile bike ride and really didn't have a place to stay overnight. I did virtually the entire length of the I&M Canal Bike Path and figured that my end would be somewhere around Starved Rock. I'm so glad that I crashed at the Fairfield Inn.

The staff let me park my bike in one of their storage areas....they didn't have to do that but I'm very happy they did. The hot tub was pretty much a necissity after the ride--and that area (along with the pool) was very clean and efficient. Same with the breakfast area in the morning. Clean space and a good variety of food. Best part was the room: I like the idea of a separate living room area. Two flat-screen TVs, two iPod charging stations...what's not to like?

For Interstate 80 travelers, I'm sure it's pretty convenient too (right off the highway).

5-stars all the way around!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield and the staff was very professional, the place clean and the breakfast excellent. What we had difficulty with was the handicapped room. The room had railings but a very small area near the toilet, causing my mother to have difficulty turning around in the bathroom. The floor had slippery tiles and there was no refridgerator. The staff assured me when making the reservation that we would have a fridge and a microwave. While this is true in all other rooms, it is not true for handicapped rooms. We needed a fridge to store medication. We were also not give a fee adjustment due to the lack of fridge.

If you are able bodied, you'll love it but if you have mobility problems BEWARE!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel was newer, staff was friendly, it was clean. The breakfast was o.k. Cereal, toast, bagels, waffels, fruit, hard boiled eggs, breakfast sandwiches and biscuit and gravy. Pool was very small - capacity 17 and whirlpool capacity 3. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Starved Rock State Park. I'm a Marriott Elite member and were upgraded to a King Suite. The room was spotless and comfortable. Every staff member we came in contact with was friendly and went above and beyond to ensure our stay was wonderful. The breakfast was a typical Fairfield Inn breakfast...cereal, fruit, pastries and breakfast sandwiches.

We loved the state park and hope to visit again soon to do more hiking. We'll definitely stay here again when we do.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travling4fun
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here and forgot my mom's diamond studs she had lent me for my wedding day. Once I realized I had left them in my room, I knew the chances were slim they had been turned in. While the front desk clerk and manager were very helpful and sympathetic, my earrings were never found. Recently, I learned of a man who lost his wedding band at the hotel. Seems hard to believe jewelry just up and disappears there. We should always watch our belongings, but this is especially important at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area? Share your experiences!