Comfort Inn(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Pool
$85
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Best Western Oglesby Inn(Oglesby)(Great Value!)
$104
All reviewsfront deskstarved rockroom was cleanworking orderhotel chainswalk in showernext morningyogurtup to dateconvenient locationnice propertycomplimentary breakfasteasy accesswould stay againfairfieldproofingculvers
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stayed only one night at this hotel while visiting family in nearby Streator, which has no "acceptable" hotels in my opinion. This Fairfield was very comfortable and modern - we only had a couple of minor issues. First, we arrived around 8pm and there was a sign on the check in counter that the clerk was away but would be back. A few minutes into my wait, I wondered how long it would be before the desk person would return. Luckily it was only about 5 minutes in all, but it would be nice to have a house phone to call the person, if needed (they could carry a cordless or cell?). The lobby was clean and nicely decorated. We were given a room on the top floor, as requested in our reservation. The room was also nicely modern, with plenty of room for our Pack & Play that our infant would be sleeping in. Bathroom was very clean and we loved the walk-in shower (no disgusting shower curtain!). Bed was comfortable and it was very quiet (not sure how many other guests were there, but the parking lot was maybe 1/3 full). In the morning, we did visit the breakfast area, which is where our other issue occured. The variety was like most hotel breakfasts - with no fresh eggs or meat. They did have microwavable breakfast sandwiches, but that wasn't appealing to me. I did enjoy the packaged fruit cups in addition to fresh fruit. The issue we had was not exactly the fault of the hotel - it involved a guest bringing their dog into the food area. We travel frequently with our dog and know that it is not allowed to bring them into these areas. 10 minutes later, the woman running the breakfast area noticed and scolded the people, thankfully. But it would have been nice for the hotel desk to remind them of these rules when they checked in (as other hotel chains have done for us when we have our dog). Overall, it was a pleasant stay and we will likely use this hotel again when staying in the Ottawa area.

2  Thank TXGirl2001
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here only one evening. Hotel is only one year old (time of my stay) and had a wonderful sign welcoming their Marriott Rewards clients...with their level of membership. Very nice touch and made me feel very welcome as a Gold member. Front office gal who checked me in was very nice, spent time finding a wine bottle opener for me. Room was very nice. Slept great. Nice television and easily accessible wall outlets (with phone chargers, sound machines, laptops) - which is a pet peeve of mine. Breakfast next morning was very clean and I even commented to the lovely lady who was in charge of it. Sometimes those free breakfast areas get gross. This area was pristine. Overall, a delight.

1  Thank Amy V
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I work in the hotel industry and must say that this was one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever stayed at. It is very new as well as modern and priced very well. They had a nice continental breakfast and the staff was very friendly. I took my children to Starved Rock and opted to stay a little bit farther away to avoid crowds at most of the local hotels. I am very glad that I chose this hotel and would definately recommend it.

While visiting Starved Rock we ate at the diner in the lodge. We were waited on by "Carolyn" and I just wanted to pass on my appreciation for the service she provided. She went out of her way to take care of us and also snuck me some animal crackers to give to my kids after lunch. She definately deserves to be recognized by the Lodge. If you are staying in the area and decide to eat at the Starved Rock Lodge, I recommend asking to be seating at her table. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We love Starved Rock State Park. It is only 90 miles from Chicago and it feels like it's worlds away. That's why I am so excited about this new Fairfield Inn.

In the past, most of the accommodations in the area are what I would consider a little more rustic. Even the Starved Rock Lodge, while beautiful and historically characteristic, lacks the modern amenities that a picky person, like me, needs when craving creature comforts.

Ok, so while the Fairfield Inn may have NO character, it is BRAND new, it is super clean, and they have free breakfast. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but it was a nice respite to return to after hiking all of the awesome canyons and cliffs at Starved Rock. Also, there was good service.

A couple points:
- Fitness Center is new but could've been better if they invested in better equipment. 2 no-name treadmills plus 1 no-name elliptical. Better than nothing, but I'm worried that in a few years, they will not hold up. Believe me, I am thankful that they had something so it doesnt impact the rating.

- They should put up signs asking people to follow common sense sanitary practices at the breakfast spot. People stuck their hands in to get food out of the containers (ignoring the tongs that were available.). People were literally in pajamas and bare feet. Disgusting!

These are resolvable issues so I think that the hotel is still worthy of the highest rating because of the fantastic service. We'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Janie C
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here with my fiance for a weekend away. Brand new hotel, great staff, clean rooms, great location close to lots of fun sites. We especially enjoyed the farmer's market on the square in Ottawa and the local wineries.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple