“Nice surprise!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2017

We met friends who live in Ottawa on our way back from Chicago. I have to admit that we didn't think a smaller town would have much of a steakhouse. Boy were we wrong. First of all, if you aren't from town, look closely at a map and bypass the diagonal road that connects Columbus St to La Salle St. because it brings you in a block beyond where you need to be. We drove circles for 5 minutes. We arrived as the restaurant opened and were able to park very close but noticed that wasn't the case as we left for those arriving. We walked into what reminded me of a dinner club my parents used to go to (minus the smoke and music). Business casual (nice jeans are appropriate but this isn't your yet-haw steakhouse by any means) to dressy attire were seen. The host and waitresses were extremely nice and accommodating. I was very impressed by the variety of selections on the menu as well as a full separate bar and a lengthy martini line-up. There was something for everyone without a doubt. Our meal was served promptly, without feeling rushed, and it was delicious! The portions were huge and prepared perfectly. The only reason this didn't make a five star was the ambiance. Although it was nice, the building was "watch the floor" old and the decor was outdated. When paying $30 for a steak, the tablecloth shouldn't be covered by plastic with glass on top IMHO. It got a bit loud as it filled up, but that's not uncommon for a weekend night out on the town. I really enjoyed this place and would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Serve great prime rib, good service. Very good appetizers. desserts you'll love. Great Martinis. Parking is very close.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

We enjoyed a family dinner here. The marinated ribeye is excellent. My daughter enjoyed the filet mignon, son-in-law said the New York strip was very tender. The steaks were thick and juicy with the portions more than adequate. My daughter loves the twice baked potatoes. The blackened duck breast appetizer was also very good. This visit we dined in the bar while last time we were in the dinning room, both offered great service.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

My favorite place for Rumaki! All of their appetizers melt in your mouth.Their steaks and beer battered shrimp are the best in town! If you have room they have some delightful desserts. The turtle cheese cake is to die for. Great place for Thanksgiving or New Year's Eve.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

I ate here with my business colleague on night because it was relatively close to the hotel it is a steak restaurant but I ended up having chicken I think that was my mistake... We ordered fried cauliflower as an appetizer that was absolutely wonderful light and crispy not greasy at all... they also boast a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing which my mother made for us when we were kids and I remember it being wonderful this was extremely disappointing it was just spinach leaves drowned in a very vinegary hot dressing it was not good at all. the waitress was a sweetheart and very attentive but the chicken that I ordered was extremely salty and very greasy it was chicken piccata but they forgot the Piccata part of it... My colleague ordered basically a spicy chicken parmesan he was not happy with his either. I will say the portions are very large and in hindsight I wish I had ordered steak I probably would not have been as disappointed. The atmosphere was very nice the restaurant was large and nicely decorated it was quiet being a Tuesday night but as I said it is a steak restaurant so if you choose to come here I think you should order the steak. They had many many choices on the menu and my experience has always been a restaurant that has too many options usually tends to be not that good they're trying to maintain so many options things are bound to fall between the cracks and I think the chicken dishes fell between the cracks.

Been to Woody's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!