“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Calla Lily Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Calla Lily Cafe
Cuisines: American
Illinois
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Cafe advertised a fish fry for Friday night, and so my son and I decided to give it a try. Restaurant is geared more towards breakfast and should probably stay on that theme. Nice tables and chairs, but wall decorations were poor to lacking. For a dinner, it was too bright inside.

I had the fish, and my son had a pull pork sandwich. The fish was okay, however, the pull pork was microwaved and poured on a stale hamburger bun. French fries were okay. Service was very good, but then there were not many dinner time customers, so servers had little to due.

I reveiwed their breakfast menu and talked to our server. She indicated they did a good breakfast business, but the dinner time business had just not caught on.

Restaurant was clean and plenty of parking.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Coachdolan

Sylvania, Ohio
“Nice reincarnation for this location”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was Friday so I had to try the all-you-can-eat fish meal. It came with 3 kinds of fish: cod with a batter coating, catfish with more of a bread coating, and pangasius (one I never heard of but was light and flaky like the cod) also with the bread type coating. All 3 were cooked perfectly and not greasy. The meal also included a choice of potato (I chose the sweet potato fries) and cole slaw. The cole slaw was more of a vinegar style and had a lot of flavor but I prefer more of a creamy slaw that is sweeter. Service was great, very friendly and quick. Please give this place a try...they are very clean, nicely decorated, and best of all offer great food at reasonable prices.

• Visited May 2013