“Best sushi in Oswego”

Oswego
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi in Oswego”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have no idea what this place is doing in Oswego, but am glad it is there. Food is excellent, service is good, though can get overwhelmed sometimes, and the décor is about right. Large variety of offerings, beautifully presented, and delicious. Can be crowded and a long wait on some evenings, but worth the wait.

Visited March 2014

Montgomery, Illinois
“Best Food In Oswego!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to Sakamoto for close to a year now for a very good reason. Both their Sushi and regular fare are outstanding. Service is always top notch! It has now become part of our weekly schedule. If I had to come up with one thing that may be a negative, it is that they need to expand. They are small but quant which may be a hindrance to their growing customer base in the future. Oh, and the owner is wonderful even though "she does not smile". Keep in mind the culture you are stepping in to!

“Great food, but need to smile!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I go here alot and the food and waitresses are always great. Lunch is a great value for the quantity amd quality. However, I have to say the owner (lady) always has a angery/sad look on her face when she greets you. Not a very welcoming presence....SMILE you want people coming back :)

Oswego, Illinois
“The food and the service are consistently great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We love 'Sakamoto', its our favorite 'go to' place for special occasion nights out with the family or as a quiet get away as a couple.

• Visited January 2014
Oswego, Illinois
“Best restaurant in Oswego”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've been to many sushi restaurants and this one is the best so far and right down the road! 95% of the sushi I've order, I've LOVED. The fried rice is absolutely delicious. My favorite items are the philly crab egg rolls for appetizer. They are AMAZING!! Alien feet, angel hair and godzilla are my favorite sushi items. Even better, they deliver now!!
Only downsides are the tables are very tiny if you're at a table for 2 and the waitresses seem to keep changing so the service varies each time. We've only had 1 instance of bad service where they brought us 2 of everything we ordered for some reason and didn't bring our fried rice or soup. They did comp part of the bill, but was still an inconvenience. My mom doesn't like sushi and she even likes this place a lot.

• Visited February 2014