“Nothing special- beware of catering services”
Review of Tap House Grill

Tap House Grill
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Oswego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Chicago suburbs
“Nothing special- beware of catering services”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've eaten here numerous times and the food is typical liked you'd expect in a burger joint. The lunch specials have pretty good pricing.

One big problem I've had with this business is that they changed the terms of a catering agreement I had with them. We had agreed upon a $12 per person fee and I had about 25 people. It wasn't until much later that they told me that they would have to use an upstair's room to host my guests and that they have to pay rent on that room. Therefore, they needed a minimum of $700 total billings from my guests! That now made is $28 per person!

The young lady who was handling the catering details seemed very inexperienced and couldn't care less that she changed the terms of our agreement. I was fortunate enough to find another catering company at the last minute and enjoyed a banquet style meal for $8 per person.

• Visited June 2012

Peoria, Illinois
“Stumbled upon a great find”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent the day running errands in the suburbs and were exhausted and hungry by dinner time. We had planned on having dinner at another pub/brewhouse in Aurora, but when we got there we were stunned that they were closed for a private party. UGH!!!! Still starving. We started driving and frantically searching for just a place to eat when my wife pulled up the review for this one and discovered that it was close.
The restaurant/bar area appeared warm and clean with a fireplace anchoring down the scene. The mass amounts of beer tappers was what caught my eye and the fact that hardly any were common Macrobrews. I had the Tipsy Burger and my wife had the Sprecher beef and gouda sandwich. Both were fantastic....and I highly recommend the Tots. Above average for Tots. It also helped that our waiter was knowledgable about the beers on tap and guided my wife toward something unusual that she would like.
We'll be back again.

• Visited February 2013
“If you lookin for great American Food this is your place.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is what Oswego was waiting for. A place where you can go and relax. Beer was cold, staff was warm and the food was great.

Montgomery, Illinois
“Hamburgers”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Tap House has the best burgers around. Plus you can have that burger with fries or tater tots. Restaurant is very clean and organized

Visited October 2012
Oswego,Il.
“Not who they think they are...”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Let me start by saying I've lived in area my whole life and been to this place over 10 times mostly for a beer or 2. While they have a nice selection on hand and I have no problem with that. But the Food Service, Food Prep, and overall feeling that the owner, who is there quite a bit, doesn't care to speak to you, at anytime. This being a small town in which everyone either knows everyone or of everybody, you would think he would welcome the chance to get a return visit out of you??? You know salesmanship 101??? Not a Chance.
This brings me to my latest visit where we showed up today for a New Years Day Brunch Buffet??? Well if you consider 3 items a Buffet then I'll stand corrected. This Crappy display was; Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, French Toast. For $8 per person? No Free Juice? Or Free Coffee? No Fruit,Danish, Potatoes, Toast, etc. Walk over to the manager behind the Bar and mentioed this is not a buffet. She smiled at me. Save your money and there are several places in area that will give you your moneys worth without all the pretension...

• Visited January 2013