“Hamburgers”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Tap House has the best burgers around. Plus you can have that burger with fries or tater tots. Restaurant is very clean and organized

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Let me start by saying I've lived in area my whole life and been to this place over 10 times mostly for a beer or 2. While they have a nice selection on hand and I have no problem with that. But the Food Service, Food Prep, and overall feeling that the owner, who is there quite a bit, doesn't care to speak to you, at anytime. This being a small town in which everyone either knows everyone or of everybody, you would think he would welcome the chance to get a return visit out of you??? You know salesmanship 101??? Not a Chance.
This brings me to my latest visit where we showed up today for a New Years Day Brunch Buffet??? Well if you consider 3 items a Buffet then I'll stand corrected. This Crappy display was; Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, French Toast. For $8 per person? No Free Juice? Or Free Coffee? No Fruit,Danish, Potatoes, Toast, etc. Walk over to the manager behind the Bar and mentioed this is not a buffet. She smiled at me. Save your money and there are several places in area that will give you your moneys worth without all the pretension...

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We go to the Tap House for live trivia on Wednesday nights. The game is fun, as is the atmosphere. The food is delicious. The portions are good sized and priced well. They have many different types of beer (and beer specials). The wait staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great location on the River in sleepy old-downtown Oswego. Ample parking across the street. Gorgeous river walk across the street. Decor is simple, pub style. We sat in one of the booths and were handed gigantic menus and a two page list of the current beers available. So, here we have the best of both worlds, in my humble opinion. An upscale pub with an awesome selection of beers, with casual, homey items with universal appeal, and menu items and little touches that any gourmet chef would appreciate. Our personal favorite food is the fried mushrooms with Pesto-Ranch dipping sauce. We loved those so much we got a SECOND order! The Bruschetta is loaded with flavor and presented on a platter with Balsamic drizzle, the way fancy restaurants do it. We ate top-notch Kobe beef burgers with an onion ring tower complete with 3 dips. And my husband enjoyed an appetizer I have never heard of which consisted of breaded balls of deep fried Cheddar cheese, minced jalapenos and real bacon. Scrumptious, until the jalapenos started to burn. (Didnt bother my husband at all though). The quality of our foods, the presentation/appearance of the foods and the little touches like special hand-mixed sauces and Balsamic drizzled decoratively on the platter make me think that the chefs/owners of this restaurant have had some classical training. We were very happy with everything we ordered and we made mental note of some of the other tiems on the menu that we look forward to tasting sometime in the near future. Something for everyone here! :)

3  Thank OswegoJulieBug
Reviewed August 13, 2012

You can't go wrong going to this place when you order anything from their menu. Appetizers are delicious and their entrees are good as well. Take a minute to find this bar, sit back and enjoy the view of the Fox River.