WINNER WONDERLAND

Papa Joes Pizza
Ranked #15 of 204 Restaurants in Orland Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very accommodating for our gluten free son”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We had Papa Joe's cater a dinner for our church. I called the day before and spoke with Lucy about our son's dietary restrictions. She was so helpful. She gave us several options and had my son's dinner waiting with the pizzas in a special container with his name on it. I would definitely recommend Papa Joe's for catering.

Orland Park, Illinois
“The only Pizza we eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have been buying Pizza from this establishment for years. Have never had an issue with our order and Pizza is always done to our liking.
We always order to pick up. Have never had it delivered.
We have enjoyed dinner also many times. Have never had an issue there from the specials to the std menu. Employees are always cheerful and want to ensure your experience exceeds expectations.
Hence we are very loyal customers.

• Visited October 2013
Mokena, Illinois
“Lots of Food for Your Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband, 8-year old son and I went tonight using a Living Social coupon. It was a dinner for two which included appetizer, 2 entrees and a dessert. For our appetizer, we chose calamari which was very good. Very tender. We were then surprised by our choice of soup (clam chowder or minestrone). I got clam chowder and it was good, not great. My son took my husband's soup order and got the minestrone. It was excellent and he loved it. We then received a huge loaf of the best crusty bread that was warm. And if that wasn't enough, we then received a bowl of salad, a bowl of noodles, and a bowl of cucumber/tomato salad...all of which was great. We were so full we could have left then. For our entrees, my husband ordered chicken picata and I got chicken vesuvio. I got the vesuvio done the classic way (not Papa Joe style). It was not the best I ever had, especially since I love Italian roasted potatoes when they are crisp and not cooked in the sauce so they are mushy...these were not crisp. My husband's chicken picata was good, not great. Large portions. My son ordered a 10" cheese pizza and was only able to eat 2 slices since he filed up on bread and soup (and kiddie cocktails). When offered our free dessert from the coupon, we choose to take it to-go. We choose canolli. I was dissappointed when I put it in the fridge at home to discover there was only one small canolli (for two people??). Cannot tell you how it tasted, because we are still too full 2 hours later.
So basically, I loved the amount of food for the money. The decor (chairs mostly) need to be updated...very 80s. Give tons of credit to the wait staff that has to constantly go up and down this maze of levels of dining areas. There was a piano player when we first walked in and we found it to be a little loud. We were seated near the piano, so it was hard to hear each other at the table. Since their clientele seems to be an older crowd (here were some 40-somethings in the bar area there too), I was surpised how loud it was. In the end, I think you get a ton of food for the money. Loved our waitress Terri as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TysParents
Oak Forest, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Papa joes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

The atmosphere is for old people. You get a lot of food for your money. The pasta dishes are ok. The papa joes in Oak Lawn is better then this one

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kim M
Orland Park, IL
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We love the food in the restaurant and eat there often, but we also enjoy their carry out pizza very much. There is a Friday carry out special 2 pizzas for $20.00 that we take advantage of too. Easy access from John Humphrey Drive also now that they are working on LaGrange Road. The staff is always friendly there and lots of food to enjoy and some to take home too. The best Italian food in the area for the price, quality and quantilty.

• Visited May 2013