“Traditional history”

Petey's II Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 206 Restaurants in Orland Park
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: One of the first steakhouse and seafood restaurants in the Orland Park area. Petey's II Restaurant offers a nice selection of entrees -- steaks, chops, chicken, ribs, fish, seafood, and vegetarian. On the lighter side, enjoy a few appetizers, soups, salads, Petey Burgers or sandwiches. Dine in our full bar to watch a sports game. Visit our website for our menus. Looking for a venue to host your next party, banquet or luncheon? Email us for more information on semi-private and private dining.
Orland Park, Illinois
“Traditional history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The place is dated but the bar is fantastic and the food has always been good.
Try the burger it is fabulous.

1 Thank Deb K

Chicago, Illinois
“Charming and Quaint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

This restaurant has a loyal following and has been in this location forever. We used to eat here quite often and always had the whitefish. Many new restaurants have opened in Orland so we drifted away from dining there. We decided to go a few months ago and ordered the whitefish
we were disappointed. Now, it could be that they do not serve much fish but we could tell that it had been frozen for quite a long time, at least that is what we thought. They removed the fish from our bill with no questions asked. I am sure there are better dining choices on the menu, if you go stay away from the fish. The wait staff was friendly, the dining room is quite nice, the clientelle is older and the menu is run of the mill.

Frankfort, Illinois
“Hosted a Baby Shower”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The staff was very accommodating, the room was set-up nicely and was very attractive. There was plenty of room for guests, extra tables for punch, presents, etc. Also, this was a Skype-shower, and the reception was great! The restaurant was in a nice location, easy for everyone to find, and the parking was more than ample . Most important , the price was right, the food was good, and the guests were happy and complimentary. I would definitely have another shower there again!

1 Thank George M
Beecher, Illinois, United States
“Worth a visit!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friend and I visited this steak and seafood restaurant as we were looking for a good steak and I have passed by this place many times. I am highly suspect of any steak restaurants or any restaurants for that matter in the suburbs as I usually dine in downtown Chicago. First, its very clean and the decor is nice, quaint and warm wood tones. The bar area is located to the left when you come in and is a nice little warm up spot if your waiting for someone. If you like draft beer, do not be dissapointed as there is only bottled, but they do have a nice selection.Inside the dining room it was crowded which is a good sign with 90% of the dining room filled with people 55 years or older, so to us a older crowd. Once seated in the restaurant we decided to order. I love Prime Rib and fancy myself an expert in the matter so I decided to get the smaller cut of the prime rib which is 13 oz. My friend choose the petite filet 6oz, butterflied with baked potato for the sides. Both of us ordered side salads instead of soup and I switched to wine and ordered the house Merlot. About 5 minutes after ordering our waitress brought out the bread and some side salads of cucumber , macaroni and cole slaw in small dishes. I am not a fan of cole slaw or macaroni salad but my friend thought both were decent and she said she would have them again. I did like the house Merlot but thought it was on the weak side of body and flavor. Our actual salad came next and they were average in size and quality of iceberg lettuce, and I had the house Vinaigrette which had good flavor. About 25 minutes after we ordered came the steaks, I thought the timing was perfect so that way you can chat, enjoy your wine and do not feel rushed eating your salads. My prime rib was cooked very good and was great size and not too much fat as normal prime has. My friends Filet was cooked perfect and was good size for her as she is not a huge eater. The flavor of my prime was decent to good not overly rubbed like some prime can get, but I though it could use a little more of something. My prime was warm through out the meal and I did enjoy it and finished every bite. My friend has a huge passion for peppermint ice cream and they had some on the menu, so she had a scoop. I am not a big fan of dessert after a big meal, but I love rice pudding and thought I would try some that they offered. The ice cream and rice pudding were good and hit the spot. Our total bill with 2 glasses of wine and a coke for my friend with the steaks was $57 which I thought was really fair for the food quantity and flavor. Our waitress and the staff were very friendly and checked on us the right amount of times. I hate feeling abandoned or hovered over but I do appreciate prompt service which they had. I would definitely go back to Petey's II and do recommend a trip when your in Orland.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Tim S
Frankfort, Illinois, United States
“A Great Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

OK. I have lived in Frankfort for over 30 years and I have driven by this place for many of those years. My wife and I FINALLY went in for dinner and I am now pretty upset that I haven't done that before. The atmosphere is OK. Nothing spectacular but our server was extremely friendly and the sheer AMOUNT of food you get is pretty unbelievable.

Before ordering, we received a plate of rolls, and a veggie plate with just about everything you would find in a garden! (Olives too!).

We ordered the flaming cheese before our main courses and that was just phenomenal! The smell alone will make your mouth water.

My wife had the steak and I had the Bass special. Both cooked perfectly and the potato side was great.

We have already booked another 'date night' to Petey's II and we are definitely looking forward to it!

• Visited June 2013