“Gross Nasty Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Orland Park
United States
“Gross Nasty Hotel”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A friend of mine had her wedding at the banquet hall attached to this hotel so I had no choice but to stay here.

The place is seriously run down. Our room was dirty and smelled like smoke (even though we had a non smoking room). The room had seen better days and was in need of a good cleaning. There was dust everywhere and had a dirty smell. The bed was uncomfortable too.

It was probably the worst hotel room I've ever slept in. I had no time to change rooms since I was part of the wedding party. The morning after the wedding, we woke up at 6am and left, we couldn't take another minute in that room.

Horrible experience, I do not recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Valerie D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for making a review on Trip Advisor! I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Our facility is unique as it allows several conveniences in one. We have our adjoining Banquet Hall - Georgios, we also have an Enterprise Car Rental on property, and also an on site Restaurant and Bar- Zantes. I do apologize about the issues you experienced with your room, and assure you that had it been brought to our attention we would have changed rooms for you easily and quickly. We pride ourselves on offering the best quality & service available to our guests, and I will bring the discomfort of your room to the attention of our department managers. We hope that we will be able to serve you again and offer you a better experience. Thank you again for making a review on Trip Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
El Paso
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great location, close to bars to hang out at, safe parking lot. Everything else is just average. When you stay while a wedding is going on at their venue be prepared to not sleep. It was very loud all night from all the wedding guests celebrating. The ladies who clean come right at 11am...which by the way it should be a noon check out. Who does 11am anymore?

Room Tip: register for choice rewards and get 30% off, its free and fast
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for making a review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that our location provided to be excellent during your stay. We apologize for the noise from our wedding guests. We understand that sometimes the noise does provide some disturbances to our other guests and when it is brought to our attention we take care of it immediately. We have a front desk agent on staff 24 hours daily that would have been happy to make a call, or send security up to your floor regarding the noise for you. In regards to the check out time, as most hotels allow check in at 4 or 5 p.m. our check in time is at 3 p.m. this is why we have 11 a.m. check out, to allow us enough time to clean the rooms for the guests arriving at 3 p.m. Thank you again for reviewing us on trip TripAdvisor!
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The choice hotels rewards program in general needs to update every hotel and make all hotels non smoking rooms. This brand could be as good as the IHG rewards program (holiday inn,intercontinental, hotel indigo) but they need to revamp every hotel!! This comfort inn was smelly because We were on a smoking floor but asked to be on a non smoking flirt, the tub was dirty, and everything needs updates. I am being nice by giving this hotel 3 stars.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Valerie D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for making a review on Trip Advisor! We always appreciate feedback on our hotel, both good and bad. I appreciate you letting us know about the bathroom & tub and I will pass that on to the proper department, so that it can be cleaned. We are currently in the process of updating our T.V.'s and with 160 rooms in the hotel, that does take some time. Half of the 3rd floor is smoking and the other half is non-smoking, it looks as though your room was on the non-smoking side. I apologize that being on a partial smoking floor posed as an inconvenience for you. Thank you again for making a review with us on Trip Advisor!
Bristol, Indiana
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect. If you are having a reception at Georgio's then the hotel is attached which makes it perfect for those who want to have fun and not drive.

We received breakfast with our stay. Breakfast included various frozen pastries, fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, juice. My family didn't like the frozen doughnuts.

We stayed on the 5th floor, and it was horrible! The room was so hot and smelled like something was burning. The ceiling was hot. We assumed it was due to the sun, as it was coming in our windows. Once the sun moved to the other side of the building, the room cooled down and was fine.

Our TV was from 1980. Big box that when you put your had 6 inches in front you could feel all the static! The floor had some stains on the carpet, and the bedding didn't have a sheet over the blanket on the beds. There was even hairs, and black marks on the blankets. Needless to say we had to take the comforter off and the blankets. The beds were coil springs and you could bounce really high on them. They were horrible to sleep in. The hotel needs to get rid of them and the TV!

The bathroom was okay, it looked like it has been remodeled. It was clean.

There were 2 elevators, which jerked when they moved. Enough where we didn't feel comfortable riding in them.

This hotel allows dogs, so at random times you would hear dogs barking.

We would NEVER stay here again. It is not worth the money. There are other hotels near by that we would go to.

Room Tip: Don't get the 5th floor. And ask for a remodeled room. Better yet, Stay SOMEWHERE else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Valerie D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for making a review on trip advisor! We are happy to hear that the location served well in your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay here with us. I do apologize for the room being so warm, and would encourage you next to make the Front Desk staff aware of the situation and we would have been happy to move your room, or have the a/c looked at by the maintenance staff. Our breakfast is all ordered fresh and cooked fresh. Our pastries are ordered from a local fresh vendor that makes them same day. I am sorry you didn't find them enjoyable. We are currently in the process of upgrading our T.V., with 159 rooms in the hotel it is quite a process. The proper order for making a bed should be the fitted sheet, flat sheet, blanket, and comforter. I do apologize for the hairs that were on the bed, and I will be speaking with the director of housekeeping. We were not made aware of it to correct it. The elevators are inspected by the city of Orland Hills, and have not been sited with any issues; however I will address this with the maintenance director. We are a pet-friendly hotel, and we do require that the animals remain under control, we would have been happy to speak with the rooms that had dogs barking, so that you felt more comfortable during your stay. Again, thank you for making a review on trip advisor, and I hope we have another opportunity to better serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Orland Park hotels

Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I travel 48 weeks a year for work, and it is always nice when i come back to a hotel after a few months and they remember my name and what kind of room I like. The staff here is great and are eager to make every guest have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for making a review on trip advisor! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy your stays here with us! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and we are always happy to hear when we succeed! Thank you again for making a review on trip advisor, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Wauconda, IL
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night for a softball tournament. The location was perfect for our needs. The room was very clean (huge priority for me), with the exception of the carpet. But to me, hotel carpet is always pretty bad. We needed a room so I paid the $114 a night, but I do believe it was a little extreme. All in all, a perfect stay. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and would easily stay here again, if needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Valerie D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for making a review on Trip Advisor! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always appreciate feedback on our rooms and hotel as a whole, both good and bad. I appreciate you letting us know about the carpeting and I will pass that on to the proper department, so that it can be cleaned. Thank you again for making a review with us on Trip Advisor!
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We decided not to book ahead and were limited to hotel choices due to a 1 Direction concert with lots of booked hotels. So all we were able to get was a suite at this hotel.

The hotel was clean as was the room, which had the basic necessities. The suite was a little outdated with an 80's feel to it as it had the hot tub in the room (which the kids enjoyed as a alternate to the pool since we got in late). Otherwise it was fine.

We did not have too much interaction with staff but they were professional and courteous. They did give a recommendation for a nearby pizza place that delivered. That was a great choice! Thanks for that!!

Breakfast was okay but not memorably great.

If we had to stay here again we would. We would recommend booking ahead to save money.

• Stayed July 2013
Valerie D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for making a review on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your concert at the nearby amphitheatre. The room you stayed in, is our whirlpool suite, which serves as more of a honey moon suite so that includes the whirlpool tub in the center of the room. We pride our business on the ability to connect with our guests and we are happy to hear our staff was able to do so. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for making a review on Trip Advisor!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orland Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!