“ROMANTIC”
Review of Essence Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orland Park
Essence Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Orland Park
Reviewed February 23, 2011

This was my first time coming to essence suites. I seen the billborads of this place on the expressway and I said I might just surprise my husband for valentine day. He was lost of words and happy that we came to essence suites. After enjoying our stay i made another reservation for my husband birthday weekend february 26 is his birthday and once again he don't know... :)....I did have a slight communication problem but the manager did fix it for me and made me extra happy and i want to thank you sir. Can't wait until this weekend for more exciting fun!!!!!! I would definitely recommend essence suites for a weekend getaway or a day away from any and everything.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MRSHUDSON410

Reviewed February 20, 2011

my husband and i went for our anniversary, We walked into the room and we were in love all over again, until we seen hair on the pillows marks on the walls and under the mattresses were large stains of some sorts. The jacuzzi was not cleaned out, we told the person at the front desk and she stated we would receive a call from a manager..... I'M STILL WAITING. This was very upsetting My next trip out I'll spend more money and go to the SYBARIS!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank brandi-kevin
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Can't say enough about the suites and amenities that are available to us when we stay at the Essence. Price is great compared to The Champagne Lodge in Willowbrook (tried it and it was horrible - don't do it.) We've stayed at least half a dozen times at the Essence and will continue to do so. It's close to home, reasonably priced and it treats its members with special perks and the respect that we certainly did not receive when we tried The Champagne Lodge on New Years Eve. Thank you, Essence Suites, for your consistent above average customer service. It has not gone unnoticed and is much appreciated. We'll see you again soon. (It was hard to rate the "sleep quality" because we hardly slept! ;)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TwinBritts
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Let's say that I was very excited to go here with my husband. We were celebrating our 2 year anniversary but needed to stay close to home, but definitely needed to get away. We were told there was a great place in Orland Park, the Essence Suites. So we excitedly made reservations.

When we got there, we checked in to Room 117 but were a little disappointed that the rooms were stuck in the '80's with their decor but were willing to overlook the dated appearance in order to enjoy a nice getaway. It only took a little time to notice the floor with dust and crumbs on it and the left over rose petals from the previous people that were there. Trying not to be anal, i complained about it to my husband but kept it moving. As I sat down to unwind, i noticed more stuff under the bed...it was mouse droppings. Ewwww! Gross! But seriously, mouse droppings.

Needless to say, we called the office. A friendly associate from the office came to investigate and confirmed that the room was dirty and that there were mouse droppings under the bed. She said that they would talk to the housekeepers the next day and offered us another room. Another room where Mickey Mouse could possibly roam? I think not! We got a refund and left there thoroughly disgusted and disappointed. What a way to spend our anniversary!!

Do yourselves a favor. If you want a quick romantic getaway with the person you really love, don' t go to Essence Suites. If you just need to go somewhere for a quick one night stand and really don't care about what else you might come away with, then be my guest.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank terca60647
Reviewed December 3, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the one in Orland Park on Wednesday, November 26, 2008.
I complained to the front desk clerk, verbally and in writing, in regards to my displeasure with the conditions of the room. The front desk clerk stated that I would be compensated because I showed her a picture of the stain that was on the sheets. The sheets did not appear to be unwashed, however the stain was VERY distasteful and unprofessional. Due to the fact that that we were unaware of the stain until around 3 a.m., we decided to cover the spot and sleep on the other side of the bed. There were other problems as well. The sauna had a foul odor and one of the large towels had stains on it.

When I finally spoke to the manager, not only was he rude and unprofessional, he called me a liar and yelled at me. He claimed that the sheets were taken to a lab and analyzed and that the stain was fresh. That is a blantant lie. That stain was washed in there. We didn't realize until 3 a.m. because that was when we pulled the sheets back.

I was not asking to be compensated for the nights stay, because I did not choose to leave. I just wanted the $25 membership fee returned.

It is unfathomable that a place of business would speak to a customer the way that the manager spoke to me and then refuse to give me back my money for a membership for which I do not want.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank kitti3
Reviewed April 17, 2008

My husband and I weren't quite sure where to spend out honeymoon night before we fly out to Hawaii for our real honeymoon. We found this place on the Internet and after reading some great reviews, my husband visited the place for a tour. He was sold and said the staff was extremely helpful in making our wedding night as perfect as it can get!!!

When we arrived and as soon as I stepped into the suite, I was amazed, perfect romantic background music, rose petals around the whirlpool, candles lit, rose petals on the bed!!! Very romantic!!! Steam Room was amazing! I'm happy to say that this place is definitely a hidden *GEM* in Orland Park!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank chewypanda
Reviewed April 1, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Essence Suites on Saturday, March 29th. I feel compelled to write to you and inform you of our experience.

When I called to make the reservation I was told that we had to join the members club. I asked if the members club was new since we had been guests before and I had never heard of this. The employee answered with “Umm, kind of, within the last year”. I asked if this was mandatory and was told yes. As I had no option available to me, I booked the room and asked what the perks of being a member were. I was told about the awards and was interested in the movie tickets. Upon arrival and check in, I inquired about when to expect the movie tickets and was told they weren’t given out the first time a new member stays. Basically this means I have to be a guest again, spend over $200 again to actually benefit from being a member. Not to mention we weren’t new to the hotel; we had stayed here previously. The membership program should have been explained in much greater detail during my original phone call to the hotel.

Once we got to our room we noticed several things that were not of the quality we were used to receiving based on our previous stays with your organization:

•The bathroom was dark and dingy. The light bulb hummed very loudly, looked to be very old and the fixture was a dirty yellow.
•The bed was extremely uncomfortable and had a large dent in the middle.
•The heat / air would not maintain a comfortable level. It was either too hot or too cold.
•The caulk around the hot tub and step was dirty.
•I’m appalled to talk about this last item as it is so disturbing – My husband noticed pubic hairs in the hot tub and rinsed the tub without me knowing. If I had seen this we would have left immediately and demanded a complete refund.

Stayed: March 2008
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park

Been to Essence Suites? Share your experiences!