“New Place and Needs Work”

Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican Food
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 215 Restaurants in Orland Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The drinks were pricey and the food was not the same as the other locations as it seemed smaller. Had to wait for tortilla's and the service was very slow. Tried call ahead seating but this location does not participate even though the website promotes it. There is also a lack of communication between the bar and the tables as I was charged twice. I will go to their other locations but not this one for a while.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very nice looking place, I had the salmon which was very good, my wife had the fish tacos and they are nothing to rave about, just blah. They have these drinks called the Swirl and while they are good, they are pricey.
I thought that running out of frog legs at 6 p.m. on a saturday was a bit unusual.

Now for the Chips, these have to be one of the best, light and served warm. The guacamole is also very good.

Service, average I'd have to say, of course it's a saturday night busy as all hell, so one would have to expect service as just average.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very nicely decorated. The staff was very pleasant. This was only their 2nd week of operation so they ran out of a few things as they still haven't figured out how business would be but they came to the table and asked if we would like to wait or make adjustments to our order which was really no big deal. Food was great although a little spicier than my usual. Cold beer in a frosty mug helped that situation. It is authentic mexican and they were happy to accommodate my special dietary needs. Our waiter is from their Atlanta location and was her to help with the opening. We enjoyed hearing about his experiences in the chicagoland area.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Arrived around lunch time on a weekday, and waited about 10 minutes for a seat, the place was super busy, so I thought great, they must be good...but I was wrong.
The waiter seem to push the fajitas right off the back, so I thought maybe he knows something I don't. I ordered the chicken fajitas which were terrible, most of the meat had a weird globby texture to it. The flavor was an artificial flavoring, I found the only thing that was authentic and good was the salsa and guacamole. The server always seemed to be MIA, and when he did show up, he would forget to bring things ordered or asked for. Pretty pricey for very unauthentic food. I will not go back again. Very very loud nous eh atmosphere.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This restaurant was only open less than two weeks when we went there with another couple. I had been another restaurant and they totally gutted it and did a first class job on the remodel. Atmosphere and ambiance were excellent. They were very busy and we spent a little time at the bar waiting for a table but not that long.
It was clear that they were still getting things organized but there was no lack of attention once we were seated. What really surprised me was the quality of the food. I did not expect much because they were so new, but the food was excellent. Fresh made crispy chips and flavorful salsa started us off. We each had something different and I opted for a dish called "Guadalajara." It was a combo of bacon wrapped shrimp and beef fajita with rice and beans on the side. It was so good I am not sure I can bring myself to order anything else on future visits. I consider this to be one of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever been in. It was a little noisy...but, given how busy they were I suppose that was normal. Give it a try.....