“Love their BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Griffith
“Love their BBQ”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We drive about an hour away to eat here or we take out at least once a month. Always friendly and always great food. My family always orders the Family Feast and as a family of four we have plenty of left overs for us to enjoy later or the next day.

• Visited June 2013

New Lenox, IL
“Good food quality - awful service”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went their last night - extremely light crowd.
1st - Waited at the seating station for someone to seat us - Mgr finally showed up.
2nd - Asked our waitress about the sides, and she had to ask someone else about them.
3rd - Waited & waited & waited for our food. Got upset when I saw someone who came in after us, already getting their food from another server. Then the server took it back from them, and went in the back. It looked like what we ordered, and then 5 mins later the other server brought it to us, because it was ours??? Not once did our server return to see how our dinner was or whether or not we needed refils or anything. Why? Because she was at the bar (along with the Mgr) watching TV. She finally came with our bill (30 mins later), and asked us if we wanted any more water. And of all things - she over-charged us! It took her another 10 mins to get it fixed. My wife says I was crazy to leave a 15% tip... she's probably right. All that being said, the quality of the Pork was great... too bad the Service & Mgmnt was awful.

• Visited March 2013
Palos Heights, Illinois, United States
“All the catfish, none of the bones”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Famous Daves in Orland Park is totally amazing and unique to this area. About this time of year they have the catfish. It is all the catfish with none of the bones. I don't like chain restaurants but this one is incredible. #1 drinks-- big Margaritas or Kendall-Jackson char, it's there. #2 Ambiance !!! I don't know who designs these places but one is overwhelmed by the quality and quantity of artifacts of early - mid century Americana, of the blue collar type. You just have to see it.#3 FOOD-- Catfish was the best. Or you can get the ribs and pour on one of the excellent sauces. What more could one ask for? #4 Service-- They do care.

• Visited February 2013
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Not sure what the big deal is”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Was told by more than one person to "...try Famous Dave's if you haven't already." It was NOT the best BBQ in town in my opinion, I'd rather turn the corner and head down 159th Street to "The Patio" restaurant. Now there's BBQ to write home about. I did not taste anything special about Famous Dave's and have to wonder why they would be ranked so highly, when I find their award winning BBQ sauce being sold at Menard's of all places? Very strange.

Visited July 2012
Naperville, Illinois
“Delicious....as Always”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Famous Dave never lets me down! Food is always fresh and delicious!

• Visited February 2012