“Great food delivered!”

Traverso's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 211 Restaurants in Orland Park
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love Traverso's Pizza. One of the best thin crust pizzas in the area. Estimated delivery time was correct, and the pizza and appetizers arrived fresh and hot.

If I had to put a con down, it would be that the pizza doesn't go very far for the price. A large is approx. $20 and feeds only 2 people (Maybe I'm just an over-eater though... it is delicious!). The price is a little high.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Family Favorite, best pizza in the country in my family's opinion. The flavor is awesome and the portions are great. Never had a bad experience.

1  Thank Markparz
Reviewed April 25, 2013

April 16, 2013 the Mendel Legacy Foundation, Mendel Alumni Association, Mendel Hall of Fame Selection Committee and Tolentine Friends of the Augustinian Order (a/k/a Men of Tolentine) met to discuss the Mendel Evening of Champions Benefit Gala. I was focused on the "One Mendel, All Eras" this historic evening represented UNTIL THE FOOD CAME!!!! Outstanding Italian cuisine. Superb pizza. Antipasti’s off the chart, Top shelf liquor at reasonable under $10 prices. "I'll be back!"

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The last time I visited Traverso's was during the latter part of the Clinton administration. I remember the pizza being good and service being pretty good. I went there on Friday January 25th, 2013 to celebrate my friend's 12 year old's birthday. We all arrived separately and as soon as everyone was there, we were sat at a table for 6. The restaurant decor was from the 1970's or 80's, but no one was there to eat the decor as we were there for pizza. For being a Friday night around 7pm, the restaurant wasn't that busy. Service was a bit slow and unhurried, but our server was pleasant and did remember refills and things throughout the night. Everyone at the table ordered drinks and our server returned with them about 5-6 minutes later. She gave us a few more minutes to figure out our orders. We ordered 5 house salads and 2 pizzas (one medium cheese and a family sausage and mushroom). The salads were brought out a few minutes later and were actually perfect. They were fresh, there was an appropriate amount of dressing on them and they were nicely presented. I ate my entire salad without any complaints as did everyone else. The pizzas arrived after a while and were placed in the middle of the table. I ate from the sausage and mushroom pizza, which was cooked perfectly and had good flavor. It was hot and had enough cheese, sauce and toppings on it. Throughout the meal, our server did check on us and bring refills as needed. At the end of the meal, she returned and took the remaining pizza to be boxed up to take home. She returned with that after a moment and then checked to see if anyone wanted dessert. Since we were there for a birthday, a few of my friends did order their famous homemade cheesecake and some ice cream. Again, no complaints on the dessert either! The cheesecake looked delicious! The bill was a little high, but it wasn't out of the ordinary for a group of 6 people, as it averaged about $15 per person. All in all, it was a good visit for having not been there in over 10 years. I am sure I will return sooner than 10 years for my next visit!

2  Thank ToddRA
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have given this place a reprieve every 4 or 5 years and once again am incredibly disappointed.. Where to begin... Waited 3 minutes for hostess to show up. After initial seating with waitress we waited another 10 minutes before she returned. Salad was lettuce drowning in dressing. Pizza with 4 toppings was bland!- Last visit the pasta was mushy from overcooking. Just really disgusted and vowed not to come back in 5 years.

4  Thank Doc M