“It could be better”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wheeler Drive
Reviewed September 22, 2013

First I tried to put my To Go order online, it was impossible. System says the restaurant works from 11:00 AM to 11:05 AM and my order can't be done at any other time.
After placing order for specific time directly in sight I have been returned to pick up it (in 50 min!). BUT... It was not ready yet and waiting time was other 10 min.

My lovely Apple Gorgonzola salad is perfect always and tiramisu cake is fresh and delicious. Pizza here is always excellent.
Unfortunately, all of the other food from Buca doesn't make us happy and after hard using this restaurant for years we decided now to eat here only salad and pizzas.

There are newer reviews for Buca di Beppo

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The one in Milwaukee had better food but the service here was attentive and available. The issue with the food was that it was busy and appeared that some of the noodles were done but sat for the balance of the order to catch up. The chicken marsala as always was on point.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Today is my 70th birthday. My husband and another couple went to Buca di Peppo in Orland Park, IL. I was born in Bologna, Italy. I am an American for many years I can cook Italian food. We were at this location 2 yrs ago and food & service great. Not today. The waiter was horrible…time for dessert he “plopped” a one-candle candelabra on the table and the tiramisu and said “happy birthday”. Usually your tiramisu is good (I make it), today it was terrible: saggy, heavy, no flavor… you could only taste Mascarpone.
I called the waiter and told him about… he called the manager. We were informed that nobody every complained about it. I told him that I was more than glad to go in their kitchen and show them how to make it. The manager removed it from the bill.
No more Buca di Peppo for us…
Paola Somerville

bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? Please make sure to include the location in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Left the the restaurant feeling taken advantage of. Had coupon but when I got the bill the price on the menu was different from what was on my bill so, the coupon made no difference. Had a very rude waiter who kept my change as his tip which was 40% of the bill. Also, paid $10.95 for a slice of cheese cake. There is a Cheese Cake Factory nearby I should have went to. I will never step foot in a Buca Di Beppo restaurant ever again.

Stay away if you are smart.

bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was greasy and overpriced, in my opinion. The atmosphere was nice but doesn't make up for bad food.

1  Thank Kelly S
bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013