“Very Fresh!!”

Blissful Banana Cafe
Ranked #18 of 215 Restaurants in Orland Park
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: This new "healthier fare" restaurant just opened in January, 2012. It is quickly becoming very popular. Menu includes sandwiches made with nitrate-free meats, veggie sandwiches, locally grown organic produce for salads, fresh baked scones and gourmet coffees. They already have feedback listed on Yelp and all are positive. I'd like to add a review on Trip Advisor and would like to see this restaurant added.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Food was really good, a little on the small side for the price, but I lost it when I asked for more dressing for my side salad....which was totally dry......and was told there would be a charge for more dressing.....really for a wrap that is over 10 bucks and not very big....If this keeps up, it will not be in business very long. Service is spotty.....alot of teenage girls, that seem to have more important things to do.....

4  Thank Melissa R

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Blissful Banana Cafe is a restaurant located close to where I live that just opened in January, 2012. It serves organic food items--including sandwiches made with nitrate-free luncheon meat and veggie sandwiches, salads with locally grown produce (when in season), fresh baked scones and gourmet coffee (Metropolis brand). I was very excited to finally have a restaurant like this in our neighborhood. The Blissful Banana Cafe is located across the street from Orland Park Mall and lucky for me right next door to the hair salon I go to. When I first read about the opening I asked the people who work in the salon if they have tried it yet and everyone said they love the food. The featured item on their menu is the "banana whip" which is essentially a frozen banana that is put through a special frozen banana whipping machine which results in a soft serve yogurt ice cream-like dessert which can be topped with a variety of toppings--fudge sauce (made with pureed pineapple, dutch cocoa & other natural ingredients), granola, and lots of other healthy options.

I stopped in after my hair appointment to try the banana whip and I was not disappointed. I never would have guessed that it was "just a banana" that had been whipped. It really tasted like ice cream so it's a great healthy option. I topped mine with the chocolate sauce & coconut. They list "specials" each day for sandwiches and a variety of coffee flavors.

When I had an opportunity I stopped in again for lunch with a friend. We both ordered salads which are generous in size. Mine included gourmet salad greens, grilled chicken, cranberries, feta cheese, nuts and I can't remember what else....the salad dressing was great too. They serve a variety of unique sandwiches and paninis which I will soon try. I've already planned a lunch date with another friend to visit the Blissful Banana again in a couple weeks. They have a web site with much more information and listings of menu items. They are open at 7:00a for breakfast and serve lunch or early dinner meals until 7:00p.

I think the Blissful Banana is fantastic!

1  Thank Ladybird46