“YUM, indeed!”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #51 of 215 Restaurants in Orland Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Yeah, we've seen the silly commercials however, the ad slogan is RIGHT ON! The sandwich is big and the flavors are bold making it a great deal for the money. It was a typically busy lunch time Saturday so we opted to sit at the bar. The server made time to engage in conversation which always enhances my experience and makes the memory better. I had the guacamole/bacon burger with a side of sweet potato fries...Delish! And the Red Robin seasoning was the perfect compliment to my burger. Great food, good conversation, great vodka/raspberry lemonade drink. YUM x 2!

1  Thank Firsthope

Reviewed February 17, 2009

Red Robin, Orland Park, IL
February 17, 2009

My mouth was watering for a good burger for lunch.
So, I said let's try Red Robin - I bet they're the best.
To start with my hamburger bun on a 0-10 was a "#1".
It tasted like flour and water or Marianne's bulk hamburger buns at best.
Nothing special just "blah" tasting.
I remember Fuddruckers, their hamburger bun were
homemade tasting.
The hamburger meat was room temperature.
Not good. Do they mass cook the meat and put it in pans marked ‘well-done to medium rare’ and then assemble the hamburger after the meat was sitting in a pan a while? Aren't they each prepared thoroughly from start to finish with all the trimmings? The wait staff did not serve the meal. Red Robin has a delivery server. So was that the hold up? The wait staff said it was busier Monday, President's Day with all the kids off of school. I wonder if the burgers were delivered to the table ice cold on that day? For a place that specializes in hamburgers our wait time was not that great either.
The fries could have been cook longer to at least be a golden brown. Maybe if the potato skins were left on they would have tasted better too. I think Sub-City submarine sandwiches leave the potato skin on. Sub-City has the best fries in Orland. I realize some people don’t like skins on their French fries.
I appreciate the friendliness of the staff, but I came to lunch, not to be entertained. It may be a good place to take kids, but it was noisy. I think the construction could have done something about that too. But, I did enjoy the kids having fun at lunch and getting the free balloons.

So, the price was $25 for 2 cheeseburgers and 2 sodas. Just about everything on the menu is close to $10.
Which reminds me, lately we had hamburgers at Outback for less money and I don’t remember any bad reviews there.
McDonald's double cheeseburger
is much, much better, I wish I went there for lunch.
Or maybe, next time I have I taste for a burger I'll take the trip
out to Matteson Mall and go to Fuddruckers.

1  Thank redhead2008Illinois