“Motor lodge don't expect anything more !”
Review of Chateau Lodge

Chateau Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Oregon B&B and Inns
“Motor lodge don't expect anything more !”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed there in June for a family reunion that was not to far away from the lodge. For 86.00 the mattress was terrible along with the pillows. The bath room looked like it could use a new tub and caulk! Come on guys I've stayed in Hampton inns and payed less and 150 % cleaner and you only have 12 rooms so I suggest raise the bar a notch you have a great location and setting put some money into it and reap the rewards

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank kaaam64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Byron, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The lodge was most accomodating to my families needs. The room was very clean and plenty of towels for all four. We would stay there again....no hesitation. Chateau Lodge is across the street from the Blackhawk statue and down the street from some great resturants. I highly recommend Chateau Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Janice R
Pearlington, Mississippi
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the second time here, its clean and the owners treat you like family. The service is what you ask for not like others where you get what you get.
The location is close to every thing you may need, and the folks are helpful if you
happen to be a cyclist, close to great routes, helpful with maps and info. I look forward to return trips when my job takes me in this area.

Room Tip: after two trips two different rooms I like the North side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank nolan p
Oregon, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice old style roadside motor lodge
--Excellent, friendly family staff
--Close to Blackhawks State Park
--Walking distance to beautiful Rock River
--Close to great Black Hawk Steak Pit with great bar and food
--Cozy and clean
--River tours nearby
--Grocery shopping,pharmacy,and gas stations nearby
--Very reasonable room rates for this area

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike D
Edinburgh, Indiana
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My Mother and I came through to visit my Aunt in Byron and have stayed here several time over the past 10 + years. We liked staying here because of the "family atmosphere" and it was a nice clean and cozy motel. Our past experiences were always pleasant but this time around it was.....well not to be desired!
Our room was filthy, sheets on one of the beds had not been changed (makeup on the pillowcase and wrinkled dirty sheets on the bed.) Rugs were covered in dirt and leaves, cobwebs everywhere, coffee pot still had the old coffee and filter in the pot and leaked badly when attempting to make a pot. Bathroom was nasty too. And the musty smell.....
And getting our money back was not an option so we could go somewhere else! So we went out, bought sheets and was only there to sleep. What a waste of money!!! I will NEVER stay here again!!!!!!!!!!
Don't waste your money here.....go to another motel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Oregon hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at the Garden room and really enjoyed it. You could tell that someone put a lot of thought into decorating the room, and even though some things were outdated, the overall feel was very pleasant. The price is good for the area, and much nicer than a typical motel. My only complaint is that the free wireless barely worked and kept disconnecting every few minutes. I really hope they fix it.

Room Tip: Nice and Cozy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natalia D
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been coming to Oregon for work for the past two months, and have stayed at the Chateau Lodge every time. Rooms are clean, quiet and much nicer than a Motel 6 at a comparable price. I have stayed in several of the non-smoking rooms (which actually don't smell like cigarettes, unlike many other hotels) and have enjoyed the unique decor in the colonial, fishing, and flower themed rooms. Several rooms have a view of the Blackhawk Statue across the river, and all are very comfortable.

Staff is friendly and accomodating--when my schedule changes and I need to cancel my room, or stay an extra night its never a problem. No continental breakfast as a previous poster mentioned, but being so close to many good breakfast restaurants in Oregon, this shouldn't be a problem.

Hotel is an easy trip to Byron, Dixon and Rochelle, and close to all the attractions in Oregon. I'd highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chaz G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Paddle Wheel Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport
Pinehill Inn
Pinehill Inn
#2 of 3 in Oregon

Been to Chateau Lodge? Share your experiences!