“Enjoyed My Stay at the Chateau Lodge”
Review of Chateau Lodge

Chateau Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Oregon B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2011

My four-day stay at this small and somewhat rustic motel was quiet and comfortable, The decor was interesting, with a variety of themed rooms. The free parking was convenient and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Chateau Lodge

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Didn't know what to expect. What I did get was a very clean, somewhat updated room at a value price for one night. Beds were firm, window air conditioning was welcomed and not overpowering. Its a good place to hang your hat for 1 or 2 nights.
Yes, the motel was probably built in 50's or 60's, but it has been refurnished, and the themed rooms was a conversation piece for my friends who stayed in adjoining rooms. I had the "Hunting Room".
No Smoking and No other Smells made this older motel for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is a modest motel, but it is clean and well kept. Without my asking, the innkeeper brought extra towels after noticing I had 3 young girls with me. The people are so nice -- even when a 5 year old threw up on the bed. After we left, they called to let us know we'd left that same 5 years old's stuffed dog in the covers, and said they would mail it back to us. Road work made it a little inconvenient to get into the lot, but I expect that will be done this summer. We were right across the river from the Blackhawk statue, and my granddaughters liked seeing it and saying goodnight to him when we returned from Lake LaDonna each night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The hosts were very helpful and polite. We had a very clean room. The rooms had themes which added to the atmosphere. It was a very nice place to stay if you're not looking for a pool. However, the sign for the motel was hard to see due to overgrown items and road construction.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed at the Chateau Lodge last weekend when we were in town for a wedding. The owner/operator of the Chateau were very nice and pleasant. They even reminded us that checkout on Sunday was at 11, not 10 which was posted in the room. We stayed in the "Golf" theme room and it was very clean and tidy. There were even snacks and beverages available on the table and in the mini-fridge respectively.

Initially, I was a bit worried because of some of the recent reviews we found on here. We didn't have any other options that fit out budget so we decided to "tough it out" - there was no need to tough it out! First, the place does not smell. The person who wrote that is just ignorant. When we checked in, the office had a bit of a curry smell- I love Indian food and I wanted some! I can see how someone unfamiliar might not like that but its just the office.

Also, two other couples from the wedding stayed at the Chateau. One in the bear room and the other in the cowboy room. All of the rooms we visited and saw were very clean and perhaps even nicer than our own. Overall, I am thinking the people who wrote bad reviews were being very unfair. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I have stayed at the chateau in the past and have always been satisfied not this time. the room had a foul and unpleasant odor there were cob webs in the corners. I could not beleive the lack of cleanliness. I also found a roach in the bathroom. to top it off the rates increased since last year at this time. the new owners were rude and uncaring when i mentioned these thing to them. i do not recomend staying there but if you do keep you suit cases closed so you do not bring home any unwanted friends.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I had a reservation for chateau lodge for a weekend in June, for a wedding. First off the owner or manager called me at my place of work to confirm my reservation, but asked for a wrong person, and told me it was for the weekend after I had made the reservation. So I had to make sure he had my reservation. Second, upon arrival, my fiancé and I check into the room (didn’t pay, wanted to pay when checking out) and come to find out there is a cock roach by the bed and by the toilet. We then go up to the office to let them know, the manager comes to check the room. He tells us they came from outside because they left the door open. And in another note my aunt had a reservation also there, and she told him she did not want to stay there because I had told her about the cock roaches. And he then tells her, “You are going to go on another person’s word?” My aunt proceeds to say, “She is my niece” and my mother standing there also says “that is my daughter.”
In the past this place was a nice place to stay, with new ownership now…it is a horrible place to stay!!!! So in conclusion, we did not stay there, we went to the place across the street from it, the paddle wheel inn!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Paddle Wheel Inn
#1 of 4 in Rochelle
Pinehill Inn
Pinehill Inn
#2 of 3 in Oregon

Been to Chateau Lodge? Share your experiences!