“Not fancy by any means, but the food is good”

Charlie's Breakfast Nook
Ranked #15 of 27 Restaurants in Oregon
Rockford, Illinois
“Not fancy by any means, but the food is good”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Decently priced. We went for lunch. They have a homemade pie each day, as well as soups. I had a vegetable soup which was tomato-broth based and delicious. Salads are decent, but the lettuce was starting to turn. Others at my table had tenderloin sandwiches and they were HUGE and couldn't finish them. Wish there were more meat-free options. Next time I'd try the hash browns.
Service is extremely laid back.

• Visited April 2014

Oregon, Illinois
“Great breakfast ”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

A perfect place for breakfast. My girlfriend and I eat here frequently. Everything we've had is great and they have the best gravy you will have anywhere. Plus the owner Charlie, is one of the nicest guys around.

Oregon, Illinois
“Ok. Could be better. ”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Very laid back, & I mean very. Service isn't bad as long as the TV is not on. The food is pretty good and the cook actually cares enough to come out and check on you and your food to make sure its right. Will have to come back and try the lunch menu and their pies.