“Great place for a relaxed lunch”
Review of Nikau Cave Cafe

Nikau Cave Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Tuakau
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I made the trek out to Nikau Cave Cafe after a recommendation from a work colleague. It is out in the wops, about an hour and a half from Auckland. The cafe has a large outdoor seating area with a landscaped area, and the hills of a working farm beyond the fence. It is a great outlook and very peaceful. The staff are friendly and relaxed. There are only a couple of people working here so the food is a little slow compared to city cafes, but why would you be in a hurry when it has taken so long to get there. The pizza was amazing, generous in size with great flavour.
I will be back, though next time I will bring a group of friends to share the experience and include a trip to the caves.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Didn't do the caves as had little kids with us, but stopped for a coffee and rest. Friendly staff and beautiful setting. I did think however $3 was a bit steep for a kids size hot chocolate.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The cave is fascinating and a Nice adventure! Don't eat too many cakes before.or you Will be trapped! I Will thank of the glowworms Every time i see the stars

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I came here while road tripping around the North Island. We had a great gourmet beer and pizza, with wonderful hospitality. It is such a gorgeous spot to stop off, if you are around the Waikato area this place is a much see.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We had some food while deciding whether to visit Nikau cave.. The pizza was good. We were not even hungry at that time..

In the end, we decided to join the cafe tour but only halfway as we were all not dressed for crawling along the stream.. However, the experience was good!