“Thrilled to have been able to see these little cuties !”

Philippine Tarsier and Wildlife Sanctuary
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Private Bohol and Chocolate Hills with Loboc...
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Corella
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The sanctuary a property of Philippine Tarsier Foundation which primary mission is to save the Philippine Tarsier, its habitat and other wildlife.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I really wanted to see these little guys but wanted to avoid any organisation that caused them any stress.

This reserve is a taxi ride away from Alona and seemed to be really well run. It is enclosed but is a very large area ....so they are as near to being in the true wild as possible. I was the only visitor to the time and the guide was great. He spends two hours every morning trying to find where they are chilling out for the day ! They are no bigger than mice , so this is a considerable challenge. I saw four, one was semi awake and so cute and adorable. The guide took some lovely pictures and seemed genuinely fond of his little charges.

Highly recommended.

in 21 reviews
"bohol island"
"loboc river"

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Asia is known not to be very animal/pet friendly, but here is a little place that really tries to make a difference. The place is small and does not have much money, but the tarsiers lives under much better conditions than other places in Bohol. There is nothing better than seeing a little primate straight in the eyes, so I would highly recommend The Philippine Tarsier Sanctuary to anyone.
Tip: Take the bus from the terminal / bus station in Tagbilaran towards Corella, the ticket costs 20 pesos per person.

1  Thank Camilla H
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I love to travel, and regularly do so, but I have been lazy about joining TripAdvisor. Today, I am joining and I will start to write about the many places I have traveled to. I LOVE primates, so the majority of the places I am going to review will involve monkeys lemurs and/or apes. Like this review...

I found this quaint sanctuary to be informative, well staffed and it was an interesting experience to see what the smallest 'monkey' in the World looks like. They are incredibly cute, and what impressed me the most was the fact that it is a 'hands-off' attraction. Look, photograph but don't touch - EXCELLENT. I am strongly opposed to the pet play and pay industry many animal parks, sanctuaries etc propagate. I visited this sanctuary about 2 years ago, but I see that I can only select a date in this year - I am going to select a random date, but note that I actually visited 2 years prior during November.

Something I found interesting in the city of Cebu was that street vendors sold jewelry (necklaces) made of clay which are handcrafted exquisitely. We (my partner and I) were so impressed that we purchased 700+ necklaces for our curio stores back home at our sanctuaries.

With regards to The Philippenes, my partner and I have visited there twice and we will most likely return in the near future. It is a lovely country.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was happy to see that these tarsiers are living in the wild compared to those in loboc where in they are in captivity.I hope people will continue to maintain the place to attract more tourists and i wish to see more tarsiers next time.bohol is still beautiful even after the typhoon and the earthquake.I have enjoyed my stay here for 2days.

1  Thank bethquimpo