“Not as good as the reviews here...”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Country pub with an AA Rosette for the quality of its food. Ample parking and two large beer gardens with children's play area.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Location - nice garden, plenty of parking. Seemed to be a really good atmosphere, as there was a Bank Holiday party in the Beer Garden.

Food - Quite pricey; there was a kids menu at ~£8 for meal and dessert. We had a salad that was good, some lemon sole that hadn't been cleaned properly, having blood around the gills, that spoiled the moment there - for £15, that was not good. Desserts were very good.

This was my first and only visit here; led by the good reviews on Trip Advisor. If I'm back in the area again, I'd probably try elsewhere.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent food although it is a little pricey. The restaurant gets booked up very quickly so reservations are very much needed especially at a weekend. The food is interesting and portion sizes are good. Service friendly. A couple of the tables for two are a little tight on size.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was our fourth visit. The service we were given a choice of table but the waiter left us without taking a drinks order. For starters my partner had the pork hock terrine and I had the whitebait. Good portions except that the thick slice of the terrine came with only one slice of bread.
For mains I had the lamb brisket with apricot stuffing and my partner the special skirt steak. His 'steak' was served on a worn wooden chopping board which was unattractive and the meal not of the standard we had experienced before. My lamb breast was tasty but the slices thin. Overall we were disappointed.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Every visit to the White Horse is excellent. The staff are friendly and professional. It has a good atmosphere. I have tried many different dishes now and always been pleased. They offer your pub favourites and something extra for special occasions. They also offer a great loyalty card. You get 10% back from every purchase (food and drinks) on the card to be spent midweek on food. It has lots of initiatives that work with the community such as picking up your parcels from there. However it is not just for locals and I have always felt very welcome.

1  Thank GiGi C
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very clean, good friendly service. The menu was "different" but not cheap. The menu was limited but food was good.