Tsunami Inn
La Purruja Lodge(Golfito)(Great Value!)
$34
Encanta La Vida(Cabo Matapalo)
$115
Travelocity
$881
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
El Remanso Lodge(Osa Peninsula)
$593
Travelocity
$40
Aranjuez Hotel & Suites(David)
$76
$59
Official Hotel
Hotel Samoa del Sur(Golfito)(Great Value!)
$62
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsin townhot waterthe ownergreat hotelpaso canoaslocal supermarketno matterscottexpatsbbqpoolpanamabeachbeveragesgroceriesoceankitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We just arrived back home from our second trip to Puerto Armuelles, and staying at Tsunami Inn. Bob and Scott feel like family now. No matter what you want your Panamanian experience to be, they are there to help you get it. All I wanted to do was sit under the fan and read my book, watch the waves break on the beach, go into town a few times. My husband walked the beach and explored more than I did. When ever we had a question of where, when, what, etc... either Bob or Scott could help. Our every need was promptly and professionally tended to.

Not to mention Bonnie and Jess are a couple of other cuties to meet too. Both expat and Panamanian friends stop by to visit, and are every bit as much part of the experience as well. Really good people.

The cabins are clean, showers are hot, air conditioning is cold, coffee is ready when you wake up, pool is cleaned daily, grounds are impeccably kept everyday. I don't understand the negative comments, because we found non of that to be true.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeejWilson
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for 3 days during our 14 day exploration of Panama. This was the perfect place to relax at the half way point before heading into the mountains and back to Panama City. We were a little concerned about some of the comments on Tripadvisor. We found them to be totally out of character with the Hotel. The Rooms were clean & efficient, the pool was sparkling and refreshing. Bob & Scott were the consummate hosts, not too intruding but always there when you needed something.
I know of a few hotels were the owners give you hugs when you leave but this was like family, saying adieu (until we meet again). We will go back again.

Room Tip: We chose the room closest to the road and the farthest form the bar area. During the 3 days we stayed the Inn was full but quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Tsunami Inn in Puerto Armuelles here in Panama several times this past year, and each stay has provided a very pleasant experience. Located on the Pacific Coast beach this beautiful setting is nestled in the heart of local Panamanian culture. A culture that epitomizes 'tranquillo'. Quite clean rooms with fresh coffee waiting every morning, a nice soaking pool, music if you like, a BBQ and horse shoes. There is also access to fishing tours and horse-back riding.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just spent 3 days at the Tsunami Inn. Frankly we are baffled by the two very negative reviews. Those reviews in no way reflect our recent experience. We found the hotel clean as can be and comfortable. The pool was sparkling and the owners cordial, accommodating and fun to be with, so much so that we invited them to join us for dinner with fresh caught fish on the barbecue. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. You get your money's worth.

0h, we experienced just a little bit of the Chilean tsunami on the beach at the tsunami, 3 large waves that were very out of character with the rest of the surf. They were large and broke way out. Interesting.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robalojoe
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I found out about Bob and Scott's Tsunami Inn from a peace corp reference while in Panama City. I was thrilled with the location, the hospitality, thoughtfulness and comfort the hosts provide their guest. It's a great location to escape the bustle of life. If you are looking for America, stay there! If you are looking for a super clean, new, economical, Inviting space to relax and chill, This is it! Nearby restaurants are good, the local supermarket is well stocked, even for vegetarians. Because there is a stocked kitchenette, you can cook as you please if you do desire.

Scott and Bob were helpful and polite. I felt comfortable and safe.

It's a great for meeting local people, or just relaxing in your private air conditioned room. After six weeks travel in central and South America, let me tell you, it was definately the best ( and hottest full throttle) hot shower I had had in weeks!
The pool is really clean and the beach is nine foot steps away from the gate!
I'll be back and bring a group for our next retreat!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo