Mirbat Marriott Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewssalalah cityanti gravityswim up barroom servicewadi darbatvegetarian foodadjoining roomssink holeshuttle busswimming poolwonderful poolthe check in processsmall shoppeace and quietminute drivemain cityfish restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The check in was terrible, they didn't find our reservation and we had to hear the manager jokes about this and do nothing. The location is terrible, miles from Salalah and in the middle of nothing. The pool is the largest of Oman, but it's cold, you can't stay. The room was ok but has a lot of mosquitos singing all the night in our ears. The buffet at night and the breakfast was average with poor service and finally the wifi internet in the lobby is free but doesn't work at all... We'll never stay here again, you have a lot of better choices there...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aasr81
Reviewed February 15, 2013

To sum up this hotel quickly...
40 mins out of Salalah in the Middle of nowhere
A beautiful location
The biggest pool in Oman
Wonderful facilities
Every room has a great view
Excellent staff
Good restaurants and bar
Good snorkelling in the cooler months
I've stayed at the Hilton and Crowne Plaza but this is the best hotel in the Salalah Region.
Just be aware that it's 40 mins out of Salalah!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Where to start?

We booked this hotel for our daughter's 9th birthday, by phone, and made this point clear

1. Check in is a painful procedure. It took us 45 minutes to check in, a fiasco of not being geared to deal with a family of 4 with kids under 10 ... Which was stressed at booking. Most hotels in this region at this level sport two queen beds ... Not this one...

2. ICE cold rooms. The room was so ice cold we had to wear cold weather gear in the room. Floor so ice cold you can not go barefoot. Please note the outside temperature was a sunny 27 Celsius

3. ICE cold pool. The pool is promoted as "the largest in Oman"'was ice cold and not heated. All of the guests were forced in to the jacuzzi.

4. The dinner is a hazard to health. You get a choice of a buffet or seafood restaurant.... We watched in mild horror as, just before service, they fogged the entire area for insects .... Including the table settings ...glasses, cutlery etc ... Yumm yum. We had one vegetarian so were not fussed that the seafood was fully booked and opted for room service.

5. Crappy wireless, no phone chargers to loan, and it is MILES from salalah... We at least knew the location but would be really miffed if we were hoping to stay in the lovely salalah rather than out of the way Mirbat.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank havekidsandtravel437
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Everything the hotel provides is just about OK, but over all it is under par for a Marriott hotel.

Rooms are OK but very unpersonal, it feels very much like an American motel in mid price.

Staff is friendly, but not always very competent.

The pool area is nice, especially for families with kids - but this has the same tacky music palying all day. The beach is not really usable though, there are rocks & algae in the sea, the sand is not clean.

Food is OK, but certainly not great. Two of the onsite restaurants were closed when we visited the the hotel between Christmas and New Year. All inside dining areas have truly horrible elevator music all the the time, the outside areas have not enough sunshades or in the evening sodium lighting better suitable for streets. Service is dog slow, but friendly.

There is free Internet (wireless only in the lobby), but very slow and not always reliable.

Last but not least be aware the hotel is more than one hour away from Salalah with not a lot of potential activities nearby.

Room Tip: Best avoided, unless you really fancy a resort with a large, family friendly pool area. I will go for something closer to Salalah next time.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donald v
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We flew to the Marriott hoping for a couple of days of sun and relaxation in a beautiful hotel to celebrate my 40th birthday, and that's exactly what we got. Having been picked up at the airport we were taken on a 40 min drive to the hotel. our room was ready on arrival and we'd booked an executive suite with two balconies, one overlooking an amazing pool, and the other overlooking the beautiful beach. The room was perfect and well worth upgrading, as we were also able to take advantage of free soft drinks during the day, and snacks and various drinks between 6-7pm. As the executive lounge was closed due to the hotel being quiet, we used The Cove pub to eat and drink in the evenings, mainly due to the amazing member of staff (Shinto) who made us feel so welcome and served a mean mojito. The food was lovely too. They also do happy "hour" between 7-9pm. Breakfast was lovely, very extensive and served until 11am which was perfect, and they also made me a beautiful cake for my birthday.

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my birthday, so thank you all at the Marriott. Your staff and hotel were lovely and I hope we'll be back.

I'm afraid I do have one slight issue which had we taken full advantage of the free drinks would not have come to my attention. We ordered two drinks at the pool bar fully aware we would have to pay for them, but if you're going to charge 1.7 OMR Please at least put it in a glass with ice, instead of handing me a can with 150 baisas written on it. I must stress this didn't detract from our holiday and I sadly expect to pay those type of prices, I've been in Oman long enough, I just don't like my nose rubbed in it so to speak.....

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple