“Nice place & Friendly staff”
Review of Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cumnock
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nice place & Friendly staff”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at the Royal for 3 nights. Our room was excellent with all the facilities you would want. The staff I found were really nice and friendly, making the stay a pleasure. The one downside to the Royal is the steep stairs to get to reception and this could be difficult for anyone with mobility problems. The Ayrshire breakfast was first class and the meal we had on our first night was good although my steak was average ( but I have had worse).
I also used the downstairs sports bar, bit rough and ready especially on the Saturday night, but then Cumnock is a bit rough & ready.
If I am in the area again I would choose the Royal as a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay at the Royal Hotel, we welcome all feedback and take on board all comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would visit again!

Hope to see you soon!

Kind regards,

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
scotland
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I had a meal here on a Friday night, when we arrived there was only 2 people in the restaurant at 7.30pm. We ordered, starter was nice,my wifes main was fine, I ordered a gammon steak with pineapple as stated on the menu,when it came there was no pineapple I mentioned this to the waitress, who said oh, and then disappeared, we assumed she had gone to check, she came back and said the had ran out, no apology, The gammon steak tasted a bit strange so I didn,t eat it, the onion rings were so hard when I tried to cut into them they skidded across the table, chips dry and soggy. The waitress collected our plates, my wife had left her chips and mines was hardly touched.
After we paid the bill, I said to the waitressess, seen no one is going to ask if we enjoyed our meal i will tell you shall I, and proceded to do so. All I got was an ok, not an apology of any kind.
We have visited all the other restaurants in this group and have found staff, food and service second to none, however, this was far from the case in this venue.
Badly let down by stanard of food and service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank doogly5262
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, customer feedback is important to us. The Royal is known for its hearty delicious food and friendly staff, this review is unusual and has disappointed me greatly. I would like to apologise for your poor customer experience and am deeply sorry that you were so badly let down by the standard of food and service. Due to the uncommon nature of this complaint I would like to speak to you personally and investigate the matter further. Please email me on Robert@rad.ltd.uk, R. Kyle, Proprietor.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here with friends on an overnight as part of a mini tour of southern Scotland.
Fantastic staff, nothing to much trouble for them , food menu extensive and evening meal was superb . breakfast was equally as good with the full Scottish breakfast the best we had on the tour
Beautiful large rooms , well fitted out with quality furniture and soft furnishings..
All in all a great experience.
Also check out the other hotels in this group,, equally as good . They offer fantastic Sunday to Thursday deals

Room Tip: Room 1 or 8 for a great experience
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for such a fantastic review of the Royal Hotel, its reviews like this that really do make us love our job and motivate us to keep providing such fantastic experiences for our guests.

I am very pleased we were able to be consistent in providing you with the great service we give to all of our guests.

Kind Regards,

ricrhys
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with nice rooms in what can only be described as a rough town. The food was ok and most of the staff very helpfull too, but as always there seemed to be a couple of staff who it seemed we were just too much trouble. Don't let that put you off though the rooms are big and comfy.

• Stayed April 2013
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Royal Hotel, Cumnock. We value your comments and will take these on board, I am glad to hear this will not stop you from returning to the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed 1 night while in the area visiting the Scottish Dark Sky Observatory. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had an executive room, which was a good size, the en suite with bath/shower was very clean, the water was hot but low pressure. On arrival our room was very cold, while the corridors outside were lovely and warm, a quick visit to reception soon had the problem resolved (switch had tripped.) The wi-fi did not work, but we could check email via mobiles. We enjoyed both evening meal and breakfast. Good value for money!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have to say that overall I was very impressed with the hotel and the service received. We arrived on a Friday evening, my partner and our daughter stayed for one night fir a family event. The room was clean and spacious and had everything needed. The only downside was the pressure in the shower which just trickled. But don't let that put you off the bed was comfortable and a pleasant night's sleep was had.

Breakfast was excellent in the comfortable lounge, the server was excellent, very friendly and had a great knowledge of the local area.

Excellent Value for Money!!

We will definatley return!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
england
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed for 1 night working away. The only downside of this hotel is the wifi did not work even after complaining to reception. I had an executive room which was big, clean and had a bath. I had lunch in the restaurant which was nice. The hotel is opposite the clock tower which goes off every hour but didn't keep me awake. Car park is small and could cause an issue if busy. Overall a really nice, good value basic hotel for a night or 2 away. Felt more like a b&b than a hotel. Would defiantly use again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumnock
Dumfries Arms Hotel
Radstone Hotel
Radstone Hotel
#1 of 1 in Larkhall
Western House Hotel

Been to Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!