“Go aware and relax!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Okawville
Original Springs Mineral Spa & Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Okawville
“Go aware and relax!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband, adult daughter and I stayed at the Spa last weekend. I had researched well on Trip Advisor. I had been to the Spa one other time, for mineral bath and massage. At that time Jocelyn was my massage therapist and was amazing. I have nothing but great things to say about this woman as a professional and a person.

This time, we bought a package and went for the whole deal. We arrived and the lobby wasn't air conditioned on a hot day. Of course, I knew this was coming thanks to Trip Advisor. We had our dinner for lunch - it was delicious and the on site restaurant was very nice. We enjoyed the pool - we had just walked a 5K - and loved the mineral bath. The massage was just okay - it wasn't Jocelyn.

We enjoyed the Champagne and appetizers as a part of our package. Nothing fancy, but it hit the spot before heading out to a wedding reception.

Our room was very dated and I wished there was an investment in the property. They are sitting on a gold mine with the Springs. I know Okawville is remote, but it is a lovely little burg.

We also had the Sunday Brunch included with our package. it was okay. The fresh fruit was a highlight. It was delicious and plentiful.

I would say that another complaint I have is with the sense of customer service. It does seem like people at the hotel are doing you a favor - for anything. The spa staff was just the opposite. I feel like they were 100% committed to our relaxation. I am grateful for this.

Room Tip: Stay away from the bar. The band would have rocked us all night long...at least until 1 AM, had we n...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank mym2bw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Godfrey, Illinois
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I needed time away from my stressful job and family issues. Where should I go, not to far from home, not to pricey. I decided on old mineral springs hotel based on prior visits. The updates to the hotel were great. No it's not the ritz. It's a little slice of the past in a quiet old town with a rich history. The hotel is charming and comfortable, a work in progress. The staff went out of their way for me for what ever I needed. I settled down in my civil war themed room (sooo cute) and rested awhile. Then it was time for my hot mineral bath. Oh my ! What a treat. A huge swirling pool of hot mineral water with a pitcher of ice water (the water taste wonderful by the way!) and half an hour to my self to soak and destress. It was the best bath i've ever had. Time for my deep tissue massage. This ladies, was beyond all expectations. A tiny lady greeted me with a big smile and tiny little hands. I thought how is this little therapist going to have enough strength to get to the very large knots in my back? Guess what she could squeeze tears out of a rock! It was the best massage I've ever had. Time for a break and a smoke. I found myself in a gazebo at the back of the hotel with pretty flowers and old ivy covered trees. I sat and breathed in. Church bells from an old church next door starter to chime . Six chimes, followed by the old rugged cross and just as I am, rang out. I smiled the whole time and remembered going to church with my mother when I was a little girl. Tears and fond memories of my mother flooded me. I was relaxed and at peace. I had dinner in the boiler room restaurant. I had the prime rib, fabulous! I ended my night with a bottle of good wine and warm hor d'ourves,on the big wrap around porch in a rocking chair listening to the night. I returned to my room and slept for the next 10 hours. the reason for my long review is simple I had a lovely stay. It was just what I needed and I plan to go back as soon as I can. Not the ritz! It' was better! Many thanks to all of the staff for your kindness and good service. See you soon!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank Kris H
Washington, Missouri
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Greet staff seemed to want to be somewhere else. Hallway outside our room door had BLACK MOLD growing on the walls. Supposedly new carpets were so badly stained we didn't walk barefoot in the room. Part of the pool area was taped off with HAZARD tape. Our mineral baths scheduled a week in advance were forgotten and no one was there, calls had to be made in order for the bath area to be opened. Blinds on our room window did little to block out light from a dusk to dawn light in the parking lot and it felt like we had a fog light shining in the window. Spoke to staff regarding mold and the issue went unresolved. Staff for the mineral baths were GREAT and everything in the bath area was clean. Staff in the Boiler Room for dinner were GREAT and our chicken dinners were very nice.
Most likely will never return and will not recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different hotel are advised.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Teri Lynn H
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The hotel was cool and old, lots of places to explore. Room was clean, but dated, great bathroom. Food at restaurant was very good, cute atmosphere. Spa was lovely and historic, but massage was the most ho hum, I had ever had. Felt worse, after. Pool is aweome. I was charged more on my credit card than was stated by front desk and bill. I have been to numerous hot springs, this is my least favorite. Wanted to feel relaxed and invigorated, a birthday treat. Unfortunately this did not happen. Not horrible, not great. Lots of plusses and minuses.

Room Tip: Junior Suite with huge bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane W
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place is fun, the water is amazing, the baths are nice and toasty. The massages are not that of a luxury spa, they are more like a backrub that makes you go to sleep. The food in the restaurant is very delicious and the breakfast is great. The rooms are old. We take a girls trip to this stop every year. We are relaxed and have a great time. We even bring in our own snacks and get rooms along the pool so we can nibble, drink and swim. It's a fun nostalgic experience. If you are looking for 4+ stars, this is not a place for you. If you are looking for peace and relaxation, try it out. It is great for couples, not sure that children are allowed which makes it even more relaxing

Room Tip: Choose a room on the pool, they are cute, large and non-smoking. The rooms on the outside second fl...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kara S
St. Louis, Mo
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have been here many times. It is a somewhat dated hotel (most rooms) but the spa is divine and the costs are beyond anything in this century. The food in the restaurants is okay, prices are WAY below average. you can get a pasta, salad and drink for $12. When you are there, you may notice the town people in the local market, sandwich shop, bar, etc. are awfuly quiet. It is as if you have stepped back in time - or to the twilight zone - its a little odd. The Spa is wonderful, the baths to die for and the staff in the spa so professional. Great getaway for the girls. Pack a cooler for your room and enjoy the time away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the main floor of the original hotel. No stairs and easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank tmstl2002
Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Yes this hotel is older, but if you have realistic expectations that this is not a high end spa you will not be sorry you went. My friend and I did the weekend getaway and had a wonderful, relaxing time. Everyone was super friendly, and very accommodating. We had our mineral baths and massages (we upgraded to the 50 min. hot stone ) and decided to spend the rest of the afternoon on the porch reading. Really we were so relaxed we could not think of doing anything else for hours.
The food in the restaurant was good and plentiful for the price, and again the staff were very friendly.
All in all, a great weekend,

Room Tip: If you want something a little more modern, consider one of the remodeled suites.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank ecolu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okawville
Best Western U. S. Inn
Best Western U. S. Inn
#1 of 1 in Nashville
Best Western Plus Mascoutah/SAFB
Mariner's Village at Carlyle Lake
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon

Been to Original Springs Mineral Spa & Hotel? Share your experiences!