“Great Value/Great Stay!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oglesby
Medina, Ohio
“Great Value/Great Stay!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were traveling west for vacation, and needed to stop. We chose this hotel, and were pleased that it was comfortable, affordable, had extra amenities like a pool and workout room, and a most excellent breakfast! Clean and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Great hotel experience pool, hot tube, and gym. Kids got their fun to play and relax. While we enjoy the gym and quick check up on emails. Convenient gas stations and restaurants across street. Near Starve Rock and Mattheson State Park and trails. We had a large group and several rooms lots of kids and staff was on its best to have everyone safe and comfortable. Making sure towels when needed and breakfast fresh and ready to meet our needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Chicago, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Would definitely redommend - The fresh breakfast foods were not good, but the rooms come with a mini-fridge and microwave. We brought breakfast foods and kept them cold in the fridge.. Very convenient! The hotel is small, clean and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Wesley Chapel, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel is very pretty and comfortable. We only stayed one night. The only drawback is the breakfast area is very small and no room to sit. The day we stayed, there was a large group of families in town and took up most of the seating and stayed for long period of time. One table only had one child sitting there and the parents did not care!! There should be a time limit. Needless to say, I did not get my breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Il., United States
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Not a bad place to stay for the money. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was small but satisfying.Beds could be better.Breakfast area small and was free "can't hold enough people for the size of the hotel.Location right on 39/51.Nice

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was put up here for 2 nights, from the Silverleaf Resort in Sheridan. I had bought a vacation package from Silverleaf, where I had to view a presentation on selling a timeshare, and this is where I stayed with my brother. We checked in on Saturday night. Our reservation was confirmed, and we were given a room ojn the first floor. The room had the typical 2 queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, 32 in. flat screen TV, a dresser, round table, and night stand. There were some thin blankets on the bed, but an extra pillow and blanket was located in the dresser. The A/C was on when we came in the room, and the temperature was set at 68. There was the old fashion wall thermostat to control the rooms temperature, which made things simple. We were tired from a long drive, so we went to the pool. The pool seemed to be clean, and the hot tub had suds in it. After swimming, I wanted a shower. The light switch to the bathroom was on the outside of the room, along with a timer switch for a heat lamp. The sink was outside the bathroom. I took a shower, and went to dry off with a towel, and a used feminine napkin fell out of the towel. I was a little grossed out at first, but it appeared to have gone through the laundry, and somehow stuck to a towel. I'm the type of person not to complain. It didn't really a affect me too much. I'm sure some people would be disgusted! The wifi internet was fast, but I opted to use my Verizon 4G LTE as it was faster. I woke up early and got the breakfast that was served. Breakfast was served from 6:00 A,M. until 10:00 A.M They had hot sausage and eggs. Waffles could be made fresh. They also had biscuits and gravy, muffins, bagels, bread, packages of oatmeal, dry cereal, cartons, and gallons of milk along with yogurt and coffee. The breakfast was hot and fresh, but most of it was gone by the time breakfast ended at 10:00 A.M. I used the small fitness center. The exercise bike allowed me to play music, loudly, throughout the small room. No one complained as I worked out with loud music. There was a sign posted saying they will charge you $1.50 for use of the safe, and if you don't use the safe, you have 60 days to ask for your money back. Since I was booked through Silverleaf, that didn't matter to me, but I feel they shouldn't be charging guests unless they use it. I ordered a Pizza during our stay from the local pizza place that was featured on the hotel card in the room. It was a busy night, so it took longer, but they did come right to the room with some good food. All in all it was an okay stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. We stayed Monday thru Thursday. The place was clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the place was comfy. I read a lot of the reviews and I would have to agree with the positive ones. The hotel is small, nothing fancy, but it was perfect for our family. With two children, 5 & 8, sometimes places aren't as kids friendly as they like to pretend, but here that's not the case. They were very kind to us. We chose this hotel because it was close to the state parks and canal. They also had a nice little pool, which the family loved. My only complaint/suggestions are they need to update the local info booklet in the rooms, maybe a new choice in the breakfast area (but overall breakfast was good), add a little more pressure in the shower head, and fix the broken towel bar in our shower. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a great price bargain or a family friendly hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oglesby
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru

Been to Best Western Oglesby Inn? Share your experiences!