“Membership Drive, LaSalle Countgy”

Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oglesby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
NEW BERLIN
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The motel was top notch, as usual for Days Inn. It was located very close to the state park that we wanted to hike in as well as right next to a comfortable restaurant that suited us just dandy. As always, I'm crazy for the waffle machine that is usually sitting there for the great breakfast. We'll be hoping there is always a Days Inn when and where ever we travel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

mzjonz, General Manager at Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for highly rating my hotel! My staff and I are so proud of what we do and it really makes it all worth it when we here from guests like you. I will let Delaney's Family Restaurant know that you were pleased too. And, I can't agree with you more on the waffles - just the smell of them gets me every morning. Hope to see you soon! - Joanne M. Jones, GM
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2012

First I must say this is an older hotel and kiind of dated with a strange smell in the hallway (kind of musty-cleaner-ish) BUT it is very clean and comfortable. We were in town for the Illinois Valley Stampede's cruise in at the Root Beer Stand (where they have the best chili anywhere) and so we asked for a view of the parking lot. Our car was right out side our first floor window! The staff is nice and very accomodating. The room was very quiet and the bed was firm and comfortable. The air conditioner worked well and we actually were a little chilly, even though I kept turning it down. The shower was great with good spray pressure and the drain drained quickly! My only complaint is the coffee in the breakfast room was yuckie. Not a big deal tho. We went to the family restaurant two doors down and had a great buffet before leaving town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
mzjonz, General Manager at Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. This really helps us know what needs to be fixed or changed and what areas that are working. I will share your comments with my staff and can assure you that we will take action where needed! I hope to see you again - the Rootbeer stand is such an iconic place to eat and enjoy - we love it around here! Thank you, again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great place to stay after long day on road and with another long day on road coming up. The room was clean and had nice amenities, but the bed was particularly comfortable! Friendly front desk person. Good restaurant choices nearby.

Room Tip: Because I did not require a microwave or fridge, I got upgraded to a Business room which was very sp...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pattijay
mzjonz, General Manager at Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Sounds like you had a good night's rest, which is exactly what we like to hear! I hope to see you again if you come through Illinois. Take care and have safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oglesby
Best Western Oglesby Inn
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru

Been to Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock? Share your experiences!