“Good lunch and reasonable prices!”
Review of The Rootbeer Stand

The Rootbeer Stand
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Oglesby
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stopped here for a bite to eat after hiking at nearby Matthiessen State Park. You can do the drive-in diner thing and have the food brought to your car or eat inside. We ate inside. It's a nice little place with friendly people and good food. The prices are VERY reasonable. The three of us had lunch and got ice cream for dessert and the total was only $17.00!!

2  Thank RoadTripfromIL

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Friendly service, neat original atmosphere. I feel like a kid again when we go there. Food is yummy and root beer is homemade. Reasonable priced and the other even took a picture of us when I asked! Love the place...very Americana!

1  Thank christine v
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I may be 30, but I know what a drive in is and this is one of the few good ones left around. Anytime we find ourselves out at Starved Rock, we make our way over for some easy drive in food and home made root beer. Frosty mugs filled with that carmally goodness just hit the spot. Inexpensive real food, not frozen finds its way to your lips. This past time the service was a little slow, but it was jammed packed so I don't hold that against them. Stop by on the cruze night and take a gander at some sweet rides like we did. This is a place where simple time still resides.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Chocolate malt, burger, fries, onion rings, ROOT BEER! Like stepping into a time machine. Locals Saturday night out :-) Love to stop when ever I'm in the area.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were in town for the Illinois Valley Stampede's cruise in on Friday night. Great food, great fun, nice staff and the chili is the best anywhere! I always have a big bowl and delicious onion rings.