“Park, Sleep, and Fly to Los Angeles”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Not only was the hotel much more luxurious and comfortable than what I was expecting, but the attentive, genial service really bowled me over. Since the dining area was pretty much deserted, the waiter insisted that I take a more comfortable seat. I had taken a seat at a table, and he placed me on a cushy chair in front of a TV! (Yes, there was a table.) The manager of the hotel made sure there would be a driver to take me to the airport at an unusually early hour (4:30am). The driver TO the airport was friendly, but what really impressed me was how the hotel telephoned me when I returned from LA to make sure I was ready to be picked up! The same friendly driver picked me up. Upon my return, the OWNER of the hotel asked me if all had gone well. I don't know what I did to deserve such VIP treatment, but I would recommend this Holiday Inn in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed May 23, 2010

I used to stay in more expensive hotels in that area, but the stay in Holiday Inn Oak Brook was the best ever, specially for the kind treatment and attention of the whole team and the manager, Mr. Tyler Larooca.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Having had two weeks in orlando we got stranded in Chicago due to the volcanic ash over Europe.AA booked me, my nephew and niece into the Holiday Inn at Oakbrook and with their considerate help we enjoyed a further 6 day stay in Chicago taking in a Cubs baseball game and a trip to the Oriental theatre to watch Billy Eliliot. Chicago is amazing and I`d like to thank Tyler Larocca and his staff (especially Pepsi!) at Oakbrook H Inn for the big part they played in making our enforced stay a pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Hotel Manager took the time to change our reservation to Hotel Indigo downtown to facilitate our 2nd night of a 5 night, 5 state, 5 baseball park whirlwind tour. He made it possible for us to streamline our travel, transfers, way to the park and back to the airport! He even drove us to the Metra to get downtown! A prince for sure! And the Oakbrook property was amazing!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
oakbrookterrace, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. I hope the remainder of your trip goes smoothly. I look forward to hearing from you the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.
Tyler Larocca

Reviewed April 26, 2010

Arrived Thursday April 22 for a family gathering. When I checked in I asked for a small refrigerator and Pepsi at the front desk said she would check to see if they had any and have it sent up. After an hour I called down and she apologized for not contacting me, that they didn't have one available. I was on the 5th floor and had to go down to the 4th to get ice, which wasn't very convenient. Plus, the elevators smell really bad. I met a maintenance person who had a refrigerator on a cart and told him my dilemma about having medication that had to be kept cold. He said there was another one and told me he would bring it to my room. Another hour later, I called housekeeping and was told no, they don't have any I can use! The room was ok and the beds were very comfy. The bathroom has little room for your stuff because it's a pedestal sink. Thursday night I ordered room service for chicken wings, and they were great. Friday night we went out and when we returned at 10PM They had a banquet going on, with tables set up in the room AND the hallway, so we had to walk around the people eating dinner. It was very awkward and uncomfortable. Also, if the staff has to use the elevator and you are waiting, they will get on and make you take another elevator! The pool and spa were nice and we used them every day. When I got our bill on Saturday morning when we checked out, there was a gratuity on the food bill for $6.75, which I did not write on the receipt but of course room service doesn't leave you a copy. I disputed it so she took it and said she would be in touch on Monday because accounting is closed until then. I used my Priority Club points for this room and not sure it was worth it. I wish I had known about the events that were going on that weekend in the hotel. We would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace IL was ideal for my sleep-park-fly vacation from O’Hare Airport.

This hotel is located just east of Midwest Road on 22nd Street, in a shopping-office-hotel-restaurant corridor which extends from the junction of I-355 and Butterfield Road on the west to Oakbrook Mall on the east. It is right across the street from a large Costco and a strip mall including Nordstrom’s Rack. It is just north of the I-88/Eisenhower Expressway into Chicago.

Their free shuttle serves both ORD and MDW airports on an approximately hourly schedule. The reliability of the shuttle and the comfort of the hotel are supported by the fact that domestic and international airline crews stay there (the hotel has US Air and Air India crew lounges).

The rooms are comfortable and attractive business class, decorated in pale gold with dark wood Federalist style furniture and a modern aeron-style chair at the desk.

The front desk was very pleasant and helpful, both on the phone and in person. Best of all, I got a special rate so that an overnight, airport shuttle, and one week parking together cost less than the cheapest economy lot parking alone at ORD airport.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay there again the next time I fly out of ORD.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank efsch

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! We also offer Park and Fly services to Midway Airport.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

My daughter and I stayed for one night to do some shopping in the area. We reserved a whirlpool suite (non smoking) which was actually two connecting rooms. When we stepped off the elevator (3rd floor) the place reeked like smoke. We got to the room and it didn't smell as bad as the hallway, however, it must have been a smoking room as there were ashtrays in it. We were disgusted when we took a look at the whirlpool room. There was a glass table in the center of the room. There were 4 chairs that looked like they came out of their banquet room and two of the most disgusting. gross, side chairs that were stained and dirty. We could'nt stand looking at them so I tipped them against the wall in the corner of the room so we wouldn't have to look at them. We wondered why they would leave something so disgusting looking in the room. The whirlpool tub was nice but both handles fall off when you turn them on. The bathroom sink drain had to be pried open so we could use the sink. There was a thermostat on the wall that didn't work. The a/c in the bedroom would only run on high. We turned if off and couldn't get it to go back on unless you first turned on the heat which created an awful smell. There was no clock in the bedroom and the ice bucket had mold in it. The bed was nice and the room did seem clean, but after so many problems it makes you wonder. I went in search of ice, the book said ice was on the 2nd and 4th floor..got to the second floor, no ice. I saw a maid and asked her, she said it was on the 4th floor. Everytime we left the room the smell of the hall was terrible. It wasn't the worst hotel I've been in but it was far from the best. They really should pay more attention to detail. I did notice that when I checked out they did not ask if everything was okay. I was in a rush or I would have brought some of this to their attention, especially the gross chairs. I wouldn't recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. Based on your review I have personally inspected this room and given direction to the team as to the improvements we need to make. I have also taken a look at our system and add text to the description of this room indicating it's location and smoking status. I realize that I cannot give you that night back and have you re-live your stay but rest assured your review has spark the opportunity ofr us to improve and ensured our future guests will have a more pleasant stay!
Tyler Larocca

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbro...
#7 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!