Lowest prices for your stay
$102
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
HolidayInn.com
$102
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
$91
Expedia.com$102
Priceline$102
Hotels.com$102
All reviews front desk restaurant bar downtown chicago shopping oakbrook mirza
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2017

The lobby has been nicely renovated and feels lively with Bar Louis adjoining. However, the rooms are still in the dark ages, relatively speaking. I had a corner room, which was spacious, but had a very odd layout.

There was no closet or wardrobe, just an open hanging bar when you first walk in and then the bathroom is split into a tiny room with tub/shower and toilet (when I say tiny, I mean the door scrapes the toilet when you open or close it) and then a small/low pedestal sink outside that, on carpet (eww!). There is no space to put toiletries at all near the sink, so I had to use the shelf above the toilet and awkwardly shuffle back and forth when getting ready.

The mattress and pillows were pretty comfortable, but the sheets were awful. They were rough and scratchy, and either the sheet texture or what they're washed in made my skin itch terribly.

I was on the fourth floor and the room was pretty quiet. Minimal noise from the main road (22nd St.) outside. Decent blackout curtains on the windows.

The overall finish quality of the room felt amateur and sloppy. The dark wood molding around the ceiling looked absolutely terrible (jutting out/random cuts in the middle of the wall, etc.). Just didn't provide a comfortable or relaxing atmosphere at all and frankly, wasn't what I expect from a Holiday Inn.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Rene G, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Dear Sebuck,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We apologize for your experience at our property. We would like to address some of your concerns. First, on the dated look of our guest rooms, we are working on a property improvement plan, and one of the items on the list for updating is our guest rooms. We would like to also comment on your findings regarding our sheets. If your skin is sensitive to certain fibers or chemicals we could have definitely provided alternatives for you during your stay. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, please do not hesitate to reach out to the hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2017

We use this hotel constantly and have for years because of the location.

The rooms are clean and what one would expect. The prices are usually very cheap.The internet is very slow.

The breakfast buffet is the best we have ever had at a Holiday Inn.

Don't park under the Mulberry Trees or you will need a high pressure car wash the next morning while the berries are in season.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Rene G, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Dear Ken R,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are happy to hear that you are a recurring guest and thank you for your loyalty. We are glad that we always meet your expectations and look forward to continuing to do so. I would like to address your feedback on our internet speed, we are developing a property improvement plan and one of the issues being looked at is the wifi network. So, in regards to the internet speed, that is issue that will be fixed. As far as the trees are concerned, we'll get one of our team members to trim them back a bit. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Positive- great staff service; clean; we paid extra and booked the breakfast buffet which was well worth it; great location - near interstate, shopping, dining and cinema
Not so positive - the rooms are dark and dated. Our bathroom needed an upgrade. Large school groups caused long lines at breakfast one day. Some loud men had too much to drink in Bar Louie and were being very noisy in reception.

You may get lucky and avoid the big school groups. It's good value for cleanliness, staff and location. Make an informed choice before you book.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TappyFeet
Rene G, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Dear Tappy Feet,

We are delighted to hear that for the most part your stay with us was pleasant. We would like to address some of the issues you experienced while you stayed with us. In regards to the rooms being dark and outdated, we are in talks with IHG regarding a property improvement plan, one if the items on the plan is an update to our guest rooms. So please stand-by we may have a fix for the outdated room look. On the long lines at breakfast due to one of our school groups being in town, we will better plan for large groups that are coming to stay and require breakfast, like setting aside a meeting space for the group to have breakfast on their own. And on the loud guests from Bar Louie, rest assured that there is staff on-hand that are monitoring for any potential unruly guests. Had the guests become belligerent, we would have escorted them to their rooms. So, please come see us again soon, we look forward to showing the real-side of the Holiday Inn Oak Brook Terrace.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2017

I stayed overnight for work. The halls and elevator are a bit shabby - I was on the third floor and it smelled strongly of cigarettes near my room even though its all no smoking. The room was okay. Another reviewer said that bathroom lacked counter space and I would say that wasn't an issue for me. The sink has no space but there is a wall rack with empty shelving right next to it for all of your personal items. I was disappointed that the fitness room was removed and instead was filled with patio chairs near the pool. Its great to have Bar Louie downstairs. Location is close to everything you want/need with great shopping, restaurants and easy on and off to the highway.

Room tip: I think a lot of big groups stay here and it might be good to ask at check-in to be placed somewhere removed from any big groups
Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank noreaster5761
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Hi noreaster5761,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your comments. It is great the see the excellent rating you have provided in terms of staff service and sleep quality. However, I am sorry to read about the smell of smoke in the hallways. I assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We value you as our guest and hope we can welcome you back and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 26, 2017

We had just arrived in Chicago from a 14 hour flight. 2 hours delayed on the runway. We just wanted to get to the hotel and sleep. We got to the front desk, received a keycard and 2 bottles water (thank you that was nice). Then we get up to our floor and immediately hear chaos. We see two employees at the end of our hall with the utter chaos of 16+ year old boys and girls scattering. Fine. We get in our room which is directly next door to the chaos and wait a bit for things to settle down. It only gets worse from there. I don't want to get into the whole thing, but we called down to the front desk and they swore it would end. His exact words, "I promise, we're fixing it." They wouldn't move us because apparently these people were "being moved" to two rooms on the floor above. It didn't end until 11:30 pm....or maybe we just finally fell asleep. My question is, "why would you allow only 2 rooms to be checked out for 15-20 people?" Maybe we are the only crazy people to go to a hotel to sleep on a Friday night. This was clearly a party as the walls were shaking from their music. There is a reason we picked a hotel in the business district! I would NOT recommend this hotel. It is poorly managed. It should never have happened and been allowed to continue throughout the night.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Caroline F
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Hello Caroline F,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, IL. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, particularly with noise control. I'm sorry that you weren't able to rest during your visit. We take all reviews very seriously, and I would like the chance to look into this for you. I have sent you a private message to gather more information.

I have recorded your feedback on corporate level to help evaluate the property and our hotel management will also be alerted. It's good to know that you found the room pleasing enough. We find fulfillment in meeting our guests' needs.

Thanks again and I look forward to hear from you!

Best,