Lowest prices for your stay
$102
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
HolidayInn.com
$102
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$91
Expedia.com$102
Hotels.com$102
Trip.com$108
All reviews front desk restaurant bar downtown chicago shopping oakbrook mirza
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2017

Positive- great staff service; clean; we paid extra and booked the breakfast buffet which was well worth it; great location - near interstate, shopping, dining and cinema
Not so positive - the rooms are dark and dated. Our bathroom needed an upgrade. Large school groups caused long lines at breakfast one day. Some loud men had too much to drink in Bar Louie and were being very noisy in reception.

You may get lucky and avoid the big school groups. It's good value for cleanliness, staff and location. Make an informed choice before you book.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TappyFeet
Rene G, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Dear Tappy Feet,

We are delighted to hear that for the most part your stay with us was pleasant. We would like to address some of the issues you experienced while you stayed with us. In regards to the rooms being dark and outdated, we are in talks with IHG regarding a property improvement plan, one if the items on the plan is an update to our guest rooms. So please stand-by we may have a fix for the outdated room look. On the long lines at breakfast due to one of our school groups being in town, we will better plan for large groups that are coming to stay and require breakfast, like setting aside a meeting space for the group to have breakfast on their own. And on the loud guests from Bar Louie, rest assured that there is staff on-hand that are monitoring for any potential unruly guests. Had the guests become belligerent, we would have escorted them to their rooms. So, please come see us again soon, we look forward to showing the real-side of the Holiday Inn Oak Brook Terrace.

Best Regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed June 2, 2017

I stayed overnight for work. The halls and elevator are a bit shabby - I was on the third floor and it smelled strongly of cigarettes near my room even though its all no smoking. The room was okay. Another reviewer said that bathroom lacked counter space and I would say that wasn't an issue for me. The sink has no space but there is a wall rack with empty shelving right next to it for all of your personal items. I was disappointed that the fitness room was removed and instead was filled with patio chairs near the pool. Its great to have Bar Louie downstairs. Location is close to everything you want/need with great shopping, restaurants and easy on and off to the highway.

Room tip: I think a lot of big groups stay here and it might be good to ask at check-in to be placed somewhere removed from any big groups
1  Thank noreaster5761
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Hi noreaster5761,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your comments. It is great the see the excellent rating you have provided in terms of staff service and sleep quality. However, I am sorry to read about the smell of smoke in the hallways. I assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We value you as our guest and hope we can welcome you back and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 26, 2017

We had just arrived in Chicago from a 14 hour flight. 2 hours delayed on the runway. We just wanted to get to the hotel and sleep. We got to the front desk, received a keycard and 2 bottles water (thank you that was nice). Then we get up to our floor and immediately hear chaos. We see two employees at the end of our hall with the utter chaos of 16+ year old boys and girls scattering. Fine. We get in our room which is directly next door to the chaos and wait a bit for things to settle down. It only gets worse from there. I don't want to get into the whole thing, but we called down to the front desk and they swore it would end. His exact words, "I promise, we're fixing it." They wouldn't move us because apparently these people were "being moved" to two rooms on the floor above. It didn't end until 11:30 pm....or maybe we just finally fell asleep. My question is, "why would you allow only 2 rooms to be checked out for 15-20 people?" Maybe we are the only crazy people to go to a hotel to sleep on a Friday night. This was clearly a party as the walls were shaking from their music. There is a reason we picked a hotel in the business district! I would NOT recommend this hotel. It is poorly managed. It should never have happened and been allowed to continue throughout the night.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Caroline F
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Hello Caroline F,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, IL. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, particularly with noise control. I'm sorry that you weren't able to rest during your visit. We take all reviews very seriously, and I would like the chance to look into this for you. I have sent you a private message to gather more information.

I have recorded your feedback on corporate level to help evaluate the property and our hotel management will also be alerted. It's good to know that you found the room pleasing enough. We find fulfillment in meeting our guests' needs.

Thanks again and I look forward to hear from you!

Best,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 22, 2017

The hotel is conveniently located near one of the freeway/tollway, but I'm sorry I don't remember which one! It is also just across the street from a shopping plaza with DSW, Ulta, and TJMaxx (or similar type store). That was great for me since I forgot my mascara!
The rooms are a decent size, and everything was very neat and clean. There was not very much counter or shelf space to put toiletries in the bathroom though. I was happy that the complimentary toiletries they provide included body lotion. I travel as light as possible and that sometimes means I don't take any body lotion and it's very disappointing that a number of hotels do not provide it.
I stopped in Bar Louie to have a night cap both nights I was there. Tuesday night was very quiet with maybe 5-10 people. Wednesday night was a whole different story. It was packed, but service didn't seem to suffer for it. I think that was largely due to Elisa who was working the bar, along with another girl back there that I didn't get her name. They were hustling and worked really well together.

It's nothing fancy, but certainly well maintained. I would recommend it.

Room tip: The hotel backs up to a nice little residential area. I was not bothered by any noise at all.
Reviewed May 22, 2017

The hotel was great. We had about 20 rooms all on the same floor. The rooms were all clean and all of our needs were taken care of. Breakfast was included for our group and the food was great. We felt very taken care of throughout our trip and I would highly recommend this hotel to any school or family traveling looking for a great place to stay.