Lowest prices for your stay
$102
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
HolidayInn.com
$102
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
$91
Expedia.com$102
Priceline$102
Trip.com$108
All reviews front desk restaurant bar downtown chicago shopping oakbrook mirza
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2017

Had last minute trip for an unexpected funeral, front desk staff were very nice, room was spacious, but dated, bathroom needs paint and repairs to walls, most everything worked except tub had no plug so you could only shower, not good for small toddlers. Was not able to connect to "free" WiFi at all during our stay. Bar Louie has great staff, drinks, and breakfast food was very good.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 652gayled
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2017

Dear Gayle D,

Thank you for staying with us and the time you have invested to provide feedback. It is good to know the proximity of our hotel worked well for your trip and that you appreciate our spacious room. Making your stay a complete success is our goal and for that, I apologize for the inconvenience you had with the overall bathroom condition and lack of electrical plugs. I also apologize if our WIFI fell short of your expectations. On a lighter note, we are glad that you found the dining experience at Bar Louie to your liking. Your review is much appreciated and will be shared with the management so that we can continue to improve our facilities. Despite what happened, we hope you give us another chance to provide you a better experience should you return to the area.

Zel N.

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on Friday night. The hotel looks nice and recently redone. The room was fine. We had a room over looking the street and the bar. Which was the problem. The rock band played until 10:30, °after we were told they only played until 10. They were so loud in our room I could not hear the desk clerk on the phone when I called to complain about the noise. I had a pounding headache until 1 AM when I finally got to sleep. The asst manager who offered me a drink of water the next morning at check out was less than helpful. I sent an e mail to the manager with my complaints and had no response. I will NEVER go to this hotel again and probably avoid holiday inns everywhere after this bad experience.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank roberthO7714PH
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2017

Dear Robert H,

Thanks for opting to stay with us and going out of your way to share your thoughts. Even though I'm pleased at your approval of the outcome of our recent renovation, it is disconcerting to know that you weren't able to sleep soundly because of noise disturbance. I absolutely understand that a poor night's sleep can disrupt an entire trip and create an overall negative experience. It's also regretful that to learn about the way your concerns were handled. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I hope we have the opportunity to show you an experience that aligns with the many 5-star reviews we receive every week.a

Warmest Regards,

U can walk around
I recommend it

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2017

I had booked an executive room on expedia and after driving 2 hours put us in a regular king room. Did not feel like dragging all my stuff back to the front desk. decided to just settle on this room and asked for a credit for the difference. Was told by the manager they could have us move again but could not give us a credit. even though they took $50 for room essentials. Just seemed very unconcerned to help. This disappoints me since I am in the customer service industry.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

Dear dsullivan3636,

Thank you for taking the time to review and for staying with us. It is our goal to always exceed our guest’s expectations and I’m very sorry to see that was not the case with you. I apologize that the room you were placed in was not was not what you were expecting. To have a guaranteed room type, we suggest booking the room with us directly. I also am sorry if you found the level of customer service less than satisfactory. Your comments have been taken on board and referred to the appropriate parties within our organization for review and improvements.

Again, thank you for making us aware. We sincerely hope this matter will not deter you from giving us another chance to prove our dedication to customer satisfaction.

Zel N.

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, great convenience and location. What impressed me most was the amazing hospitality. The staff absolutely went out of their way for us. There were many nice touches in the room, the bed was fantastic and the breakfast was excellent and a great value. We were impressed.

Date of stay: March 2017