I stayed at this Holiday Inn a year ago and was told of changes that were to be made. NOT!
Same problems exist but a MAJOR new problem has come up, vibration/drone from the elevators is heard in many rooms on the 6th and 7th floor. It was loud enough and continuous enough to be a major annoyance and my sleep quality was affected.(had the droning in a dream!).
Front Desk: gave me a placard for special parking spots but failed to tell me that there were special parking spots. Staff Pleasant throughout hotel.
Breakfast Buffet: Problems last year not resolved. for $12.95 hotel should have a staffer continuously checking to what needs replenished. Many items empty, glasses needed for juice, etc. NOT WORTH THE $ 12.95
Snack/Sundry Shop: Open Sporatically, no set hours..Cannot count on getting the things you want. Was supposed to be changed since last year , Nope! Employee working in little snack.sundry shop tried to overcharge me both times..Had no idea how to use register. Tried for $6.00 overcharge first time, $1,00 overcharge second time.
Furniture in sleeping rooms and wood in elevator are looking worn, chipped.
Last, 2 days before my arrival Chicago had 4-6 in of snow. The parking lot was snow covered and especially ICE covered making getting luggage out of trunk and to hotel door treacherous.
In my opinion and as much as i travel, this hotel should downgrade to a lesser brand or start charging hotel rates of a lesser brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oak Brook Hotel represents the best of both worlds by offering an upscale stay, at a not so upscale price. The Holiday Inn is a premiere full service hotel and is ADA- and FEMA-approved. Our guests are provided with an experience not found anywhere else in the city. The hotel is centrally located off I-88 between I-294 and I-355 in the beautiful Oak Brook western suburb, nestled in the shopping and restaurant district. The hotel features complimentary shuttle service to all local corporate offices. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook is centrally located for all Chicago corporate business. Nestled in the middle of the Chicago in the suburbs between Midway Airport and O`Hare Airport. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook hotel is the best choice for lodging when working with companies alike: IBM, Com Ed, Crowe Horwath, Inland Real Estate, McDonalds, Perkin Elmer, Sara Lee, Joint Commission, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Mid America Plaza Businesses and many more in the Oakbrook, Lombard and Oakbrook Terrace Area. Our meeting rooms also come complete with audio-visual equipment. Cattails Restaurant and Lounge showcases an extensive menu, as well as a comprehensive daily hot breakfast selection, in a cool and comfortable atmosphere. All 217 beautiful decorated rooms are appointed with everything required to ensure your stay will be an enjoyable experience which includes complimentary high-speed Internet access! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Chicago Oakbrook Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Holiday Inn