“Much better than expected”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Based on old reviews, I have not stayed here for the past several years. However, with a low rate, I decided to give it a try this weekend. I could not be more pleasantly surprised. As a platinum member, I was upgraded to the executive floor, given free breakfast buffets, and given extra bonus points. Front desk staff was so friendly and gracious. I believe her name was Fiona, and she was absolutely a delight. Not a problem granting late checkout for my last day. I was wary about the lack of TV channels (seen in previous reviews), but there were just as many channels as I have on my cable at home. Room was clean and comfortable and the bed was delightfully soft. Also, I always request top floor, in a quiet area with no adjoining door. The room I was given was exactly what I requested... even in the corner which was nice and quiet. I do plan to be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony Q, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Leggroom,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was with us. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed it. It was a pleasure hosting your stay. As a Platinum Rewards Club member you are a very important guest to us. Your loyalty with IHG is very appreciated.

Again, thank you for your feedback as it measures how we are doing. We can't wait to host your next stay when your in need of a hotel in our area.

Anthony Quitno

Reviewed September 28, 2013

my trip started out bad. My computer monitor was broken during flight. The general manager loaned me one, and hooked it up for me. I was so tired. I was upgraded to a huge quiet room. I wanted to watch my son play football on ESPN 3. The front desk tried to find it for me, and we decided I would watch it on my laptop. I was grouchy. They were not. I had dirty clothes and was going to be gone another wee. They had a guest laundry. They honored a great rate and threw in breakfast. I love this team and this property. They earned my loyalty and future Chicago stays

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Suzanne B,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We value your feedback as it measures how our hotel is doing. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. You are valued as a guest of our hotel and that is why we went the extra mile. We took great pride and making your stay a success.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to display our service to you again if you come back to our area and are in need of a hotel in the future.

Anthony Quitno

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Booked this through priceline. Two adults with 2 small kids. Was disappointed that we could not get a smoke free king, but that is the chance you take with priceline so we did get nonsmoking double, which was fine... Room was pretty updated and clean. Unfortunately we were next to work out room so some noise with door opening/closing - again possibly drawback of priceline booking... but we had a baby (who cried) so I was not that upset... There was a bar/restaurant that looked pretty busy and maybe would have been good to check out sans kids. We chose to walk next door to the Chicago pizza restaurant! Otherwise no walking as this is a busy street. Parking was pretty crowded. We also used the pool which was fine although a bit cool. Probably would not choose this again but would not be disappointed to secure via Priceline. The vibe for me was not too kid-friendly.

Room Tip: Reserve non-smoking if important to you. Ask to not be next to work out room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Roadwarriormama,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad that our room accommodations were sufficient for your needs. I regret the discomfort the noise levels may have caused you.

Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the time you enter to the you leave. Good food, comfortable rooms, great breakfast and friendly front office. All this affordable prices. Interesting to note that Air India considers this good place for resting their teams. Enjoy the cosco opposite with complimentary member cards.

• Stayed: July 2013
Anthony Q, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Ravishanr,

Thank you for providing your thoughts on your stay with us. They are truly valued as they let us know how we are doing.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are an important guest to us and we try our best to accommodate all needs of our guests. We are continually thinking of new ways to do that and feedback from guests like you help us do that.

Hope to see you again soon so we can continually show how important a guest you are.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a very good hotel with big rooms, great beds and pillows. Their buffett breakfast, is really dissapointing, they do not offer many things to choose from. Although, there are better places to have breakfast really near. Also they are close to the Oakbrook Mall. There is an excellent Giordano restaurant at walking distance. Best thing of this hotel for me, was their front desk, really efficient and polite staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear 54lillian,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. You are a valued guest of ours and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did.

We pride ourselves on our friendly guest service so we are happy that you enjoyed our staff. Unfortunately, you were not happy with our breakfast and the the number of options. We are sorry you were disappointed in that. We are looking into having more choices so that all of our guests are happy with our breakfast and do not have to go elsewhere for meals.

Thank you once again and we hope to host you again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn and other IHG group hotels for over 5 years now and have had a consistently good experience barring one or two aberrations.

I stayed at a IHG group hotel in July 2013 after a gap of almost 18 months and I was happy that they continue to provide excellent value for money.

What I liked:
- Free WiFi, free parking
- Great location (most amenities within walking distance or less than 2 minutes of driving - Costco, shopping, gas, restaurants, pharmacy, Starbucks)
- Microwave and refrigerator provided on request (we got both at no extra charge)
- Swimming pool
- We had two rooms for 10 nights, so they put us up in two adjacent rooms that were in a secluded corner; this helped from a privacy point of view as well as ensuring that we did not disturb or get disturbed by other rooms on the floor

What could have been better:
- They had only one washer and one drier in the guest laundry room
- Bar Louie which is their attached restaurant has limited options for vegetarians

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the second floor - most guest amenities other than the swimming pool are on this floo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Suhasmallya,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in what you liked and thought could be better about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your thoughts. We are glad you have enjoyed IHG hotels now for over 5 years. I am also glad you enjoyed our hotel and had a lot of likes for it.

We are sorry that you did not like us only having one washer and dyrer and not enough vegetarian items. That something we will look in to as we want to provide the best stay for all our guests. We are continually striving to for complete guest satisfaction.

We hope if you come back to our area that we can again provide a comfortable stay for you.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Bar Louie was very good for both drinks and food. Customer service was great depending on who you worked with at the hotel. 3 of 4 employees I dealt with were fantastic and very knowledgeable. The other gave me the Wifi password from a week ago, didn't give me any of the priority club benefits I got the next day when I asked someone else for it AND seemed overall uninterested in helping me.

Great location in a very nice suburb of chicago. 15-20 minutes away from just about anything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Brs14ku,

Thank you for review on your recent hotel stay with us. We value your opinions and they are very worthwhile. They help us measure how we are doing.

I am sorry that you were not given the Loyalty Rewards benefits the second day and that we seemed uninterested in helping you. That is not how we normally do business so I greatly apologize for that service.

We would like to show you our staff can serve you better if you give us another chance in the future.

Tony Quitno

Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!