“One of the best bar/restaurants I've ever experienced in a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Bar Louie was very good for both drinks and food. Customer service was great depending on who you worked with at the hotel. 3 of 4 employees I dealt with were fantastic and very knowledgeable. The other gave me the Wifi password from a week ago, didn't give me any of the priority club benefits I got the next day when I asked someone else for it AND seemed overall uninterested in helping me.

Great location in a very nice suburb of chicago. 15-20 minutes away from just about anything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Brs14ku,

Thank you for review on your recent hotel stay with us. We value your opinions and they are very worthwhile. They help us measure how we are doing.

I am sorry that you were not given the Loyalty Rewards benefits the second day and that we seemed uninterested in helping you. That is not how we normally do business so I greatly apologize for that service.

We would like to show you our staff can serve you better if you give us another chance in the future.

Tony Quitno

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent Customer Service, I receive the best from (Q),Cleans rooms, excellent rates, nice surroundings I did recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. There is a nice place food and drinks (Bar Louie). This hotel its 5 stars

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Veronica H,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. We value your comments with great delight. We are happy that everything went well with your stay.

Thank you for the 5-star accolades and recommending the hotel to your family and friends. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Anthony Q
Front OffIce Supervisor

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Clean rooms, good rates, decent location.

Arrived late in the evening. Got to the room and dropped the bags. Dialed "0" and asked what time the pool closed. 10pm. Changed into swimsuit and headed downstairs. Got to the pool. Huge sign on pool door with hours, it closes at 9pm. Check my watch, it's 9:15. Key won't work to allow me access to the pool, but there is someone swimming, so I knock and they let me in. I swim until 10pm or so. Return to the room and have occasion to flip through the guest services book. Guest services book states pool is open until 11pm.

Was flipping through the guest services book to find an ice machine. Ice machines on floors 2, 4, and 6. Luckily, I am on 4. Take my ice bucket and go on a hunt. Can't find it, eventually give up and take the elevator to 6. Can't find one there either. Check 2 - nope. Go to first floor, front desk, he informs me ice machines are on 3, 5, and 7. Take elevator to 3, there is an ice machine, but it's tagged out of order. Take elevator to 5, and voila! I have ice! And it only took me 15 minutes and visiting 6 out of 7 floors.

Weird inconsistencies.

Dear Photomikey,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are continually striving to improve our hotel and your feedback helps us do that.

We are disappointed that you had some issues with the swimming pool hours and locating our ice machines. The guest directory in your room was out of date and we want to apologize for that. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences that caused you.

While we understand that your experience was not 100% satisfactory, we still hope that you will give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony Q

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I attended a family reunion this past weekend, Ourfamily felt so welcomed. From the time we checked in and through the weekend the hotel manager (Jiim) made us feel welomed. His personal attendtion to our needs exceeded our expectations. I

Room Tip: All rooms are good

Dear Kimkelly539,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us went. We value your feedback very much. I am glad that you felt welcomed and had a good stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Tony Quitno
HI Oakbrook

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook for a sports tournament we had in downtown Chicago.

Can't beat the value. Great rooms and breakfast. Staff was great and the hotel is in a wonderful neighborhood.

Stayed for a week and it is conveniently located across from a Costco and many restaurants. From the hotel to downtown Chicago it was only a 40 min car ride on the highway. You pay a small toll but it beats paying for parking at the hotels downtown.

The only downside is that their pool closes at 9:00p.m. Doesn't leave a lot of time to make it to swim when coming from downtown at night.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was good, the room and the washrooms were clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful, i stayed there for one night and it was great. The nearby areas are good and you can find decent restaurants around if you don't wish to have food in the hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in Chicago for 2 weeks and use my hotel points to get this hotel. I checked on on the weekend and checked back in, so 2 weeks and 2 rooms.The location is nice, the hotel seems old but nicely remodeled. The staff is very nice.

My first complaint was the the Holiday Inn website shows this hotel having free breakfast, it does not! It has a VERY expensive restaurant with $14 per person breakfast buffet that I did not use. There are plenty of cheaper breakfast options in the area and the room had a fridge that I used as well. I did order room service one night. It is expensive but the food is good.

The fitness room is on the second floor, not where the signs and maps point you to, by the pool. The first week I found it by accident, the second week the staff told me where it was when I checked in.

The pool is 100% indoor, no sun tanning at all. Good for swimming and exercise only. It's a warm room unless someone props open the door. This happened and I left, it made the room cold. I was surprised the staff let the door stay open as it made the hallway steamy.

This hotel had a convention or 2 almost every day that I was there. It wasn't noisy but you have to walk past the convention rooms to get to the pool. Hey you're the hotel guest, walk by them in your bathing suit like you own the place! Seems like the hotel would make a different route to the pool.

Only other issue, the first room had a hair dryer that was sad.It barely did anything. The second room had a regular hair dryer so I guess it's hit or miss to get a good one.

I would stay again but it could be improved.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbro...
#7 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!