“Nice hotel, weird inconsistencies.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
San Diego, CA
“Nice hotel, weird inconsistencies.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Clean rooms, good rates, decent location.

Arrived late in the evening. Got to the room and dropped the bags. Dialed "0" and asked what time the pool closed. 10pm. Changed into swimsuit and headed downstairs. Got to the pool. Huge sign on pool door with hours, it closes at 9pm. Check my watch, it's 9:15. Key won't work to allow me access to the pool, but there is someone swimming, so I knock and they let me in. I swim until 10pm or so. Return to the room and have occasion to flip through the guest services book. Guest services book states pool is open until 11pm.

Was flipping through the guest services book to find an ice machine. Ice machines on floors 2, 4, and 6. Luckily, I am on 4. Take my ice bucket and go on a hunt. Can't find it, eventually give up and take the elevator to 6. Can't find one there either. Check 2 - nope. Go to first floor, front desk, he informs me ice machines are on 3, 5, and 7. Take elevator to 3, there is an ice machine, but it's tagged out of order. Take elevator to 5, and voila! I have ice! And it only took me 15 minutes and visiting 6 out of 7 floors.

Weird inconsistencies.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Photomikey,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are continually striving to improve our hotel and your feedback helps us do that.

We are disappointed that you had some issues with the swimming pool hours and locating our ice machines. The guest directory in your room was out of date and we want to apologize for that. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences that caused you.

While we understand that your experience was not 100% satisfactory, we still hope that you will give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony Q
Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I attended a family reunion this past weekend, Ourfamily felt so welcomed. From the time we checked in and through the weekend the hotel manager (Jiim) made us feel welomed. His personal attendtion to our needs exceeded our expectations. I

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kimkelly539,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us went. We value your feedback very much. I am glad that you felt welcomed and had a good stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Tony Quitno
Front Office Supervisor
HI Oakbrook
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook for a sports tournament we had in downtown Chicago.

Can't beat the value. Great rooms and breakfast. Staff was great and the hotel is in a wonderful neighborhood.

Stayed for a week and it is conveniently located across from a Costco and many restaurants. From the hotel to downtown Chicago it was only a 40 min car ride on the highway. You pay a small toll but it beats paying for parking at the hotels downtown.

The only downside is that their pool closes at 9:00p.m. Doesn't leave a lot of time to make it to swim when coming from downtown at night.

• Stayed July 2013
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was good, the room and the washrooms were clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful, i stayed there for one night and it was great. The nearby areas are good and you can find decent restaurants around if you don't wish to have food in the hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cloudland, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in Chicago for 2 weeks and use my hotel points to get this hotel. I checked on on the weekend and checked back in, so 2 weeks and 2 rooms.The location is nice, the hotel seems old but nicely remodeled. The staff is very nice.

My first complaint was the the Holiday Inn website shows this hotel having free breakfast, it does not! It has a VERY expensive restaurant with $14 per person breakfast buffet that I did not use. There are plenty of cheaper breakfast options in the area and the room had a fridge that I used as well. I did order room service one night. It is expensive but the food is good.

The fitness room is on the second floor, not where the signs and maps point you to, by the pool. The first week I found it by accident, the second week the staff told me where it was when I checked in.

The pool is 100% indoor, no sun tanning at all. Good for swimming and exercise only. It's a warm room unless someone props open the door. This happened and I left, it made the room cold. I was surprised the staff let the door stay open as it made the hallway steamy.

This hotel had a convention or 2 almost every day that I was there. It wasn't noisy but you have to walk past the convention rooms to get to the pool. Hey you're the hotel guest, walk by them in your bathing suit like you own the place! Seems like the hotel would make a different route to the pool.

Only other issue, the first room had a hair dryer that was sad.It barely did anything. The second room had a regular hair dryer so I guess it's hit or miss to get a good one.

I would stay again but it could be improved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked an "Express Deal" on priceline and they put my fiancée and I here for the night for a VERY good price. Customer service was awesome. The girl that checked us in gave us a huge room corner room away from the noise. The bed, sheets and pillows were amazing. Shampoo and soaps smelled really good. They have their restaurant "Bar Louie" downstairs and that was nice for dinner and to watch some UFC fights. Let us check out late. Very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Book online, better prices.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I just had my wedding there and thanks to robert wood it was an amazing day everything went perfect and he really took the time to help both budget and beauty. I would recommend him and his hofel for any occasion the service and staff are great. We never thought we could afford a real wedding but thanks to them we did. Thank you rob from the bottom of my heart. Everybody who attended were so pleased with the food and loved bar louie it was all so perfect.
Katheryne and Brian

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbro...
#7 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!