Clean rooms, good rates, decent location.
Arrived late in the evening. Got to the room and dropped the bags. Dialed "0" and asked what time the pool closed. 10pm. Changed into swimsuit and headed downstairs. Got to the pool. Huge sign on pool door with hours, it closes at 9pm. Check my watch, it's 9:15. Key won't work to allow me access to the pool, but there is someone swimming, so I knock and they let me in. I swim until 10pm or so. Return to the room and have occasion to flip through the guest services book. Guest services book states pool is open until 11pm.
Was flipping through the guest services book to find an ice machine. Ice machines on floors 2, 4, and 6. Luckily, I am on 4. Take my ice bucket and go on a hunt. Can't find it, eventually give up and take the elevator to 6. Can't find one there either. Check 2 - nope. Go to first floor, front desk, he informs me ice machines are on 3, 5, and 7. Take elevator to 3, there is an ice machine, but it's tagged out of order. Take elevator to 5, and voila! I have ice! And it only took me 15 minutes and visiting 6 out of 7 floors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oak Brook Hotel represents the best of both worlds by offering an upscale stay, at a not so upscale price. The Holiday Inn is a premiere full service hotel and is ADA- and FEMA-approved. Our guests are provided with an experience not found anywhere else in the city. The hotel is centrally located off I-88 between I-294 and I-355 in the beautiful Oak Brook western suburb, nestled in the shopping and restaurant district. The hotel features complimentary shuttle service to all local corporate offices. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook is centrally located for all Chicago corporate business. Nestled in the middle of the Chicago in the suburbs between Midway Airport and O`Hare Airport. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook hotel is the best choice for lodging when working with companies alike: IBM, Com Ed, Crowe Horwath, Inland Real Estate, McDonalds, Perkin Elmer, Sara Lee, Joint Commission, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Mid America Plaza Businesses and many more in the Oakbrook, Lombard and Oakbrook Terrace Area. Our meeting rooms also come complete with audio-visual equipment. Cattails Restaurant and Lounge showcases an extensive menu, as well as a comprehensive daily hot breakfast selection, in a cool and comfortable atmosphere. All 217 beautiful decorated rooms are appointed with everything required to ensure your stay will be an enjoyable experience which includes complimentary high-speed Internet access! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Chicago Oakbrook Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Holiday Inn