“Great Hotel!”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook for a sports tournament we had in downtown Chicago.

Can't beat the value. Great rooms and breakfast. Staff was great and the hotel is in a wonderful neighborhood.

Stayed for a week and it is conveniently located across from a Costco and many restaurants. From the hotel to downtown Chicago it was only a 40 min car ride on the highway. You pay a small toll but it beats paying for parking at the hotels downtown.

The only downside is that their pool closes at 9:00p.m. Doesn't leave a lot of time to make it to swim when coming from downtown at night.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was good, the room and the washrooms were clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful, i stayed there for one night and it was great. The nearby areas are good and you can find decent restaurants around if you don't wish to have food in the hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cloudland, GA
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in Chicago for 2 weeks and use my hotel points to get this hotel. I checked on on the weekend and checked back in, so 2 weeks and 2 rooms.The location is nice, the hotel seems old but nicely remodeled. The staff is very nice.

My first complaint was the the Holiday Inn website shows this hotel having free breakfast, it does not! It has a VERY expensive restaurant with $14 per person breakfast buffet that I did not use. There are plenty of cheaper breakfast options in the area and the room had a fridge that I used as well. I did order room service one night. It is expensive but the food is good.

The fitness room is on the second floor, not where the signs and maps point you to, by the pool. The first week I found it by accident, the second week the staff told me where it was when I checked in.

The pool is 100% indoor, no sun tanning at all. Good for swimming and exercise only. It's a warm room unless someone props open the door. This happened and I left, it made the room cold. I was surprised the staff let the door stay open as it made the hallway steamy.

This hotel had a convention or 2 almost every day that I was there. It wasn't noisy but you have to walk past the convention rooms to get to the pool. Hey you're the hotel guest, walk by them in your bathing suit like you own the place! Seems like the hotel would make a different route to the pool.

Only other issue, the first room had a hair dryer that was sad.It barely did anything. The second room had a regular hair dryer so I guess it's hit or miss to get a good one.

I would stay again but it could be improved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked an "Express Deal" on priceline and they put my fiancée and I here for the night for a VERY good price. Customer service was awesome. The girl that checked us in gave us a huge room corner room away from the noise. The bed, sheets and pillows were amazing. Shampoo and soaps smelled really good. They have their restaurant "Bar Louie" downstairs and that was nice for dinner and to watch some UFC fights. Let us check out late. Very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Book online, better prices.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I just had my wedding there and thanks to robert wood it was an amazing day everything went perfect and he really took the time to help both budget and beauty. I would recommend him and his hofel for any occasion the service and staff are great. We never thought we could afford a real wedding but thanks to them we did. Thank you rob from the bottom of my heart. Everybody who attended were so pleased with the food and loved bar louie it was all so perfect.
Katheryne and Brian

• Stayed June 2013
Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stay here for business occasionally and always find it to be a relaxing nights sleep. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. The restaurant has a good breakfast bar. Last time I stayed here was the night of the Blackhawks 7th game playoff and the restaurant and lobby were a circus. The front desk clerk went out of her way to put me in a room away from the noise and chaos.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tony Q, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Tklasinski,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your input from your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and the breakfast bar.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Tony Q
Front Office Supervisor
Holiday Inn Oak Brook
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My stay at the Holiday inn. This hotel is fantastic. Great location, close to shopping and many great restaurants. The view from my room was cool. The food at the restaurant was fantastic! Very clean and comfortable. Some of the best customer service I have ever received thanks to Q. Q, Blake, and Alfredo, made my stay comfortable . They customer service is above what I was expecting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trimainew,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are glad that you found our hotel, restaurant, and staff very commendable. We pride ourselves on our great customer service so we are happy you enjoyed it.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Tony Quitno
Front Office Supervisor
Holiday Inn Oak Brook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!