“Excellent service!”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent service! thank you Irene, Erika and special thanks to Juli for going the extra mile to make us fell at home. The location was very good for going to the different places we wanted to go. Close to downtown but far enough to avoid the traffic and noise of the big city. We tried the breakfast buffet and the food was great. Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stay with Holiday Inn properties about 200 nights a year so I know their standards and what to expect as a Platinum member. THIS IS NOT THEIR STANDARD! Very disappointed as I needed a place for 9 nights. The rooms (I tried 2 different) were small and I was told nothing to upgrade to. The pillows were HORRIBLE , thin and lumpy. The general manager did not understand when I asked if they had down/feather pillows to exchange. She told me these were not "new" Holiday Inn pillows..... I hope not as they are nothing like all the other locations I have stayed at in the past several months. The location was convenient and clean but let down by these basics. I was so sad as I REALLY love Holiday Inn and the privileges they give Platinum members. Oh well, they could not even suggest a sister property when I asked about that or offer to comp a night to have me try the space and pillow concerns, instead let me go for 9 nights to a competitor.

Room Tip: Look at the room before checking in!!
1 Thank glendale215
lilianav30, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for contacting the Holiday Inn Oak Brook regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced our property.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.
Benton Harbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Whenever I'm in town, I always choose this Holiday Inn because of the comfortable rooms, very friendly staff, and convenient location. I've stayed here a few times and EVERY time I come in, I feel refreshed and pleased with my stay. I've been in a lot of hotels and I can honestly say that for the value, nothing beats the Oakbrook Holiday Inn. In particular, I'd have to say that the people that work here are friendly and helpful. They always greet you with a smile and if there's a problem, they always try their best to fix it. However, those problems, I've found, are very few and far between.

Room Tip: A simple tip is to choose Holiday Inn every time.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The service was awesome and the rooms are clean.

The staff are always happy to help but they should be able to provide more accurate touristic information.

Since the hotel is far from Chicago downtown, transportation is an issue and the front desk staff was not able to provide all the details to go to Chicago. It was someone else who provided this.

• Stayed March 2013
White Pigeon, Michigan
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am a Regional Sales Manager and travel primarily in the Midwest and Ontario, Canada areas. I have over 50+ stays per year and visit the Chicago area about once a month. I have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Oakbrook Terrace, IL for a number of years and it is my preferred hotel. The Service is always Excellent and the staff goes of thier way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. With the addition of the new Bar Louie Restaurant the hotel is so much nicer. I just stayed at the hotel this past weekend for business and we also celebrated my youngest daughters 12th Birthday. I brought my wife and my daughter brought 2 of her girlfriends. As usual the Service was First Class and we had a fantastic time. I will be back in the Oakbrook area again this week and staying at the hotel for 2 nights. It is the Best Value in the area.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and sunny.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 17, 2013

i would highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to the area. My experience was simply wonderful from my arrival until my departure. They have a front desk supervisor there by the name of "Q" she is someone you would really enjoy standing before her as she checks you in. I can see why "Q" is a supervisor she has EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, I mean she enjoys and have a passion for her work. Because of "Q" and I think the manager name is Lilly I can guarantee that you will enjoy your stay at this hotel. They made me and my guest feel at home and treated me as if they had always known me, like family or a close friend. I can see the front desk supervisor "Q" easily being promoted to a manager, and Lilly the manager to a higher posistion as well.

Thanks you "Q" and Lilly

From Tara Reed Room 741 Stayed March 13-16 2013 Celebrating my birthday.

Room Tip: The front desk supervisor choose the room for me the floor was very quite and away from the elevator...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at this Holiday Inn and we had a very pleasant stay. The room was very clean along with the entire building was well maintained. The hotel was quite busy this weekend but it was fine...there weren't any loud ppl in the halls. We didn't utilize the pool but it was nice to have just in case we felt like going down, I think if there was a hot tub we would have used it. The staff was very nice...thank you to the lady at the desk (I forgot to get her name) for asking if we were able to get the fight in our room, which we did. It was nice to have the restaurant on the premise to enjoy as well. The location is perfect to spend a little get away from the City...if you want to shop and lots of nice restaurants. We will do it again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!