“The best of the best”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Reviewed January 31, 2013

What started off as horrible ended as wonderful. I make all of our company's hotel reservations online, and this time I made a mistake. I accidentally booked the wrong rate type, so I called the toll free number and I thought I had fixed the problem. Well after looking it up I discovered that it was not only not fixed but now it was worse. So after speaking to about four different people at the call center I got fed up and called the actual hotel. I feel sorry for the person that spoke to me because I was admittedly not in the best of spirits by this time. Well "Q" proceeded to take care of me in a way that is not common any more. She took the extra time to help me and to fix my problem better than I could have hoped for. I was so disgusted with the way I had been treated before I talked to her that as we were talking I was looking for a new hotel brand to start staying at. I wish I was going on this trip so that I could tell her face to face how wonderful she is. I hope the word gets up to the brass that she is one of the last great examples of customer service.

1  Thank Alexis B
Adam U, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

I apologize for the experience you had with reservations, but we are so glad we could change your mind about the brand and were able to keep you as our guest. Our staff is committed to making everyones stay an enjoable one, and I was so glad to hear they went above and beyond to make yours great. Look forward to seeing you next time your in town!

Best regards

Reviewed January 30, 2013

had a great experience with the front desk agent, Q, she was very helpful and courteous. The rooms and fitness center are decent as is the first floor area. The hallways are a little dated. Good bar/food area down stairs plus plenty of other choices close by.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank michael g
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Thank you for your great service while we were there. We come back to your hotel frequently because we always expect, and receive, the best treatment. The rooms are great, the service is great and friendly, the facilities are great, and it just a great overall experience. I must say one og the best things this hotel has going for it, it the front desk staff, especially Q. Q always makes us feel at home when staying in Oakbrook. She is very knowledgable and especially friendly and it's just a pleasure to know she will take care of you. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Adam U, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you Dave, for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay at our hotel. We love that Q made you feel so welcome. We take pride in our staff, and I will make sure Q knows about this review. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Adam Udany

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is my 4th stay at the Holiday Inn in Oakbrook. The hotel staff is always very friendly and helpful. The front desk agents are always willing to help with any request. The hotel seems to have been recently renovated, the sleep rooms are very nice. The workout room is the biggest that I have seen in any other Holiday Inn.... and it has AC. I have also used the banquet rooms for events and meetings and the banquet staff it awesome. The banquet staff is very flexible and able to work with you to make changes to the set up of the room and the catering order. Everyone on staff is willing to pitch in and help out other areas of the hotel which is nice to see. Overall i have always had a very pleasant experience there and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you again for staying with us and for using us for your business and meeting needs! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Both times Q has been the desk clerk on duty the morning I checked out. She has been very helpful and friendly to me both times. So much so that I have made it a priority to write this review. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Adam U, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to not only review the hotel, but to recognize our staff. We take great pride in providing the kind of customer service you describe. We appreciate business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I travel very often to the Chicago Land area. I use to stay at the Crowne Plaza in Lombard. I started staying here after my first conversation with Q at the front desk. Yes, her name is Q. I recently called to confirm an appointment and asked for special room upgrade. Not only did she take care of the upgrade, she made sure that the afternoon girls knew about this and communicated it to them. I have never had that before! The second thing I love about this hotel is it is located in a great area where you can walk to a lot of places. Finally, when I checked in they offered my 1500 bonus points on top of the points I was getting for the room. This is just a great hotel, great location and great people!

I would give it stars if I could!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us. We aprreciate your kind words as we strive to make our guests feel at home every time they stay with us. We hope to be your hotel of choice every time you are in the area.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I flew in from Toronto after pulling an all nighter. My flight came in earlier then I thought. When I came to the check-in desk, I was greeted by a lady named "Q". I explained why I was there before check-in time. She simply smiled and said "Im sure it wont be a problem" after checking me in, I started walking to the elevator and she said " Want something to eat before you go to sleep?" I travel all the time but "Q" has to be hands down the best front desk person Iv ever met! No matter what whenever Im in Chicago I use Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook! Wonderful rooms. Wonderful Staff!

1  Thank Gary B
Adam U, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and recognizing our staff. After a long night, we try to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Thank you again, and we will see you next time your in town.

Best Regards,

Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbro...
#7 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!