“The Place to Hold Your Next Meeting”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Downers Grove, Illinois
“The Place to Hold Your Next Meeting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have held sales meetings at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook for the past 10+ years and we will continue to return to this location for future meetings. The service has always been excellent from start (reserving & arranging the event) throughout the event (setup, food, beverage, lighting, etc) to finish (settling up an always accurate and fair bill). Now with the numerous renovations to the facility, along with the fact that the construction on 22nd St is complete, there is no reason to go elswhere. David Dutch - BCBSIL

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank David D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Medina, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had reserved the presidential suite. The reason I had specifically reserved this room was to conduct a meeting with a couple of my employees. First when I checked in they put me in a regular king room . The front desk told me they only have a couple suites and I was out of luck. After several tries I finally met with the GM. He explained to me that they did not even have the room I was describing so I had him go on priority.com and sure enough this room was listed. He then told me that their reservation system just shows them how many rooms are reserved not what kind of room. If this is the case than there is something wrong with their reservation system. When I reserve the most expensive room listed for a hotel I expect to receive it. After this experience I will not stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rtp216
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear rtp216,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lahore, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Good hotel but i should mention about the staff friendly and courteous. They go out of way to help you out. Free shuttle service to nearby malls. Breakfast was good but Indian and Pakistani Menu for lunch and dinner was awesome.
Overall good experience

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Very very nice customer service. Rooms are spacious and clean furniture could use an upgrade but the flat screens are nice The inside pool area is very nice.lots of places to pick from to eat however the Bar Louie inside the hotel is all you will need nice staff daily drink specials and food specials even have a DJ on certain nights. The food was very good and reasonable
I was on the 5 th floor never heard a thing very quiet.if you are a priority club member you can spin the wheel and win extra points or small gifts.You won't be dissapointed by staying here.

• Stayed June 2012
Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I spent about four days here on business at the Holiday Inn in Oakbrook Terrace. Let's just say it was a hell of a day two flights were cancelled, I was exhausted and I arrived at the hotel later in the night around 10 pm. I walked in and immediately was greeted by the front desk staff. I am a Priority Club Member so the check in process was very quick, my keys were already made and I got to spin the "Priority Club Wheel" before I went to my room. If your a member that loves points I would suggest staying at this property. They give you so many opportunities to earn those extra points on your stay. The next day after I came home from work I was planning on having dinner in the city. I realized I lost the directions my buddy gave me to the restaurant so I took my chances of asking the Front Desk agents. I remember the front desk staff was Ryan and Nichole who printed out step by step directions and a map showing where the exact location of the restaurant. I normally do not stay with Holiday Inn yet this last stay changed my mind. At this location it's the little gestures that make the difference to the guests.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank leroy s
Salem, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is an older hotel that needs updating. The good things were that the room was quiet because I had requested a room not facing 22nd . We were on the 4th floor which was away from the noisy bar.
When we checked in there wasn't a refrig or microwave in the room. When I called and stated that it was listed on the website they did manage to find a refrig. for me.Overall the staff was friendly and helpful.
The room was fairly clean but there was a hole in the arm of the upholstered chair and it was dirty. There was a stain on the lampshade and it was dirty. The shower curtain was falling off the rod. It was very warm and none of the corridors or elevators are air conditioned.
The pool was freezing!!! About 80 degrees and we had to call for towels, which were delivered.
They did not have newspapers-not even in the lobby!!!--
This hotel was listed by priceline as 3 star. I give it a 1 or maybe a 2.

Room Tip: Not facing 22 nd. street
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pat S
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Chicag-Oak Brook.. We have used your view and have resolved the issues that you had during your stay, and you would be happy to know that we have already started an extensive renovation process that will allow us to provide our valued guests with one of the best and freshest products in our market. Our pool water temperature is now much more comfortable. Towels are always available at the pool. We hope that you visit us again soon to experience the newly renovated rooms and the other areas of the hotel.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Overall the experience was fine. The front desk clerks were professional and good at their jobs. My issues lie with housekeeping and maintenence. When I got to the room I noticed a very large vomit stain on the lamp shade. The room did not smell of vomit but the fact that it was never taken care of was embarrasing for the hotel. Also, the bathroom door wouldn't close. I mentioned these issues to the front desk clerk and he offered to move us to a new room but it would cost us more... so.. I have to pay because they can't keep up on maintenence and housekeeping? Doesn't really make sense to me.

Looking past the vomit stains and lack of privacy in the bathroom the hotel was fine. Beds were very comfortable. Bartenders were AMAZING and I slept well..

I just hope that the management will take cleanliness more seriously in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank traveler12890
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. First and foremost, I like to apologize for the less than perfect stay during your visit. We are most definitely focused on subjects relating to cleanliness as well as the products that are in full working order; obviously we have not been studious enough to prevent these issues from happening in the room in question prior to your stay. However after your feedback, we have taken measure to ensure that issues as such are not repeated in any other rooms and we have definitely taken care of the issues in the room that you had stayed in. I am not sure if it may be any consolidation or not but after examining the lampshade in question we had determined that the spots were created by the lamp burning the shade at different spots. However there obviously is not excuse to have a lampshade and a door in such conditions. I appreciate your feedback for it has always been the most important tool for us to improve our products and services as well as getting an idea about how we are doing. I hope that you would allow us to be of service in the future and you would be happy to know that we have already started an extensive renovation process that will allow us to provide our valued guests with one of the best and freshest products in our market.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!