“Older Hotel Needs Updating”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is an older hotel that needs updating. The good things were that the room was quiet because I had requested a room not facing 22nd . We were on the 4th floor which was away from the noisy bar.
When we checked in there wasn't a refrig or microwave in the room. When I called and stated that it was listed on the website they did manage to find a refrig. for me.Overall the staff was friendly and helpful.
The room was fairly clean but there was a hole in the arm of the upholstered chair and it was dirty. There was a stain on the lampshade and it was dirty. The shower curtain was falling off the rod. It was very warm and none of the corridors or elevators are air conditioned.
The pool was freezing!!! About 80 degrees and we had to call for towels, which were delivered.
They did not have newspapers-not even in the lobby!!!--
This hotel was listed by priceline as 3 star. I give it a 1 or maybe a 2.

Room Tip: Not facing 22 nd. street
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pat S
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Chicag-Oak Brook.. We have used your view and have resolved the issues that you had during your stay, and you would be happy to know that we have already started an extensive renovation process that will allow us to provide our valued guests with one of the best and freshest products in our market. Our pool water temperature is now much more comfortable. Towels are always available at the pool. We hope that you visit us again soon to experience the newly renovated rooms and the other areas of the hotel.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Overall the experience was fine. The front desk clerks were professional and good at their jobs. My issues lie with housekeeping and maintenence. When I got to the room I noticed a very large vomit stain on the lamp shade. The room did not smell of vomit but the fact that it was never taken care of was embarrasing for the hotel. Also, the bathroom door wouldn't close. I mentioned these issues to the front desk clerk and he offered to move us to a new room but it would cost us more... so.. I have to pay because they can't keep up on maintenence and housekeeping? Doesn't really make sense to me.

Looking past the vomit stains and lack of privacy in the bathroom the hotel was fine. Beds were very comfortable. Bartenders were AMAZING and I slept well..

I just hope that the management will take cleanliness more seriously in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveler12890

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. First and foremost, I like to apologize for the less than perfect stay during your visit. We are most definitely focused on subjects relating to cleanliness as well as the products that are in full working order; obviously we have not been studious enough to prevent these issues from happening in the room in question prior to your stay. However after your feedback, we have taken measure to ensure that issues as such are not repeated in any other rooms and we have definitely taken care of the issues in the room that you had stayed in. I am not sure if it may be any consolidation or not but after examining the lampshade in question we had determined that the spots were created by the lamp burning the shade at different spots. However there obviously is not excuse to have a lampshade and a door in such conditions. I appreciate your feedback for it has always been the most important tool for us to improve our products and services as well as getting an idea about how we are doing. I hope that you would allow us to be of service in the future and you would be happy to know that we have already started an extensive renovation process that will allow us to provide our valued guests with one of the best and freshest products in our market.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Over the years I have stayed at this hotel as a HI, then a Sheraton, and now a HI again. New owners with a Bar Louie in the lobby where there was open space and a restaurant. Clean, beds a little to soft for me, indoor pool. Nice staff, resolved a noise issue, workmen, by moving me so I could do some work. Restaurant on sight, Bar Louie, and several with in walking distance. Buffet breakfast is $10 unless you are a HI Preferred.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for dedicating the time to give us feedback regarding you recent stay with us. It is our goal to provide the outmost level of comfort and service to all of our guests. Though we are starting a renovation project, which will enhance the overall hotel with added amenities for our guests, we should have had a better plan of room blocking strategy in place, so that you would not have been troubled with any noise from the renovation. For that I do apologize and I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Feedback of our guests such as yours is one of the most important tools to guide us in providing an even better service for our guests. I do hope that you would stay with us again and experience an even higher level of comfort at our hotel.
Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you during your visit

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Exceptional staff!

We haven't used a Holiday Inn for years. But in a pinch I ran into the Oakbrook property and asked for help with getting something done. Asim and Nichole demonstrated out of the box thinking and went above and beyond to help me solve my problem.
It was great to find bright, empowered, genuinely service oriented people, as opposed to policy spouting slugs. The next time we book in Oakbrook I'll go out of my way to give these folks a shot at the business.

Great job finding and empowering great people to go above and beyond....

Thank you again guys you saved my bacon I will not forget...

Charles O. Pratt IV

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Charles O. Pratt IV
Thank you for the review. As a manager and a team member of the Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook,I can assure you that there is nothing more rewarding than hearing our guest have a pleasant experience. It makes all of us proud of the work we do. Asim and Nichole are very happy that they were able to be of help and cannot wait to have you stay with us again. I thank you for the opportunity for us to be of service and I will hope to meet you at your next visit. Asim and Nichole send their best and thank you for taking the time to reward them with kind words.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Hotel was afordable and a good place to stay. The hotel staff was exceptional in making my stay better than normal. The hotel has a very comfortable restaurant with a DJ on most nights. Comfortable rooms that were clean and well attended to.

Easy access to all types of venues as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Ralf G.
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your last visit to the Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook. It was a pure pleasure to be of service and I hope that we could be a home away from home for you and your family any time you are in our area. We are extremely pleased that we were able to provide the level of service that all our valued guests deserve. Thank you again for your visit and we hope to see you soon

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel is pretty average with the perk of a very comfortable bed and pillows.
I do think once the entire renovation is complete that this hotel will jump to above average.

Pros: Near a mall, Costco, and some pretty good eats
Very comfortable bed and pillows
Flat screen TV (at least in room 448)

Cons:
Filthy carpet
New front desk lady did not have "people skills" The gentleman training her (Mike I think) was better and did provide a better check-in experience.
Jacuzzi was broken
Dirty pillow cases (2 out of 4 for the pillows on my bed)

Travel note: If traveling along I-88 eastbound there is NOT an exit onto IL 83 which is a quick access to the hotel. Bring along multiples of $1.50 to cover the I-88 tax/toll

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ScienceGuy13
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Guest.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your last visit to the Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook. As you mentioned, we are always in the process of enhancing the experience of all our guests through improving the service and product status. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service in the near future for us to be able to have you experience the full impact of our work. I look forward to seeing again in our hotel and if there any aspects of your next reservations that I could personally assist you with, please feel welcome to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

friendly staff. clean rooms. good food and great location. These guys go out of their way to make sure that everyone is having a great stay. I had left my bag in a taxi from the airport. The manager tracked down the cab company and the cab driver and got my item back for me by the time I was done with dinner. I thought that I would never see my bag again. I was pleasantly surpised to see it at the front desk after dinner. Had a great meal and one of the best experiences in a hotel. I travel alot and stay at a different city every week. I will stay at this location every time I come back into town. The service was great.
Thanks guys.

Room Tip: If you have any issues let these people take care of it. I garantee that they will do their best.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear Mr. M
We like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are extremely happy that you had a great experience with us and that we were able to recover your item. Our team is always dedicated to provide an outstanding service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to serve you in the future and to see you at our hotel. Please let us know if we can be of assistant at any time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!