“Nice room”

Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Atlanta
“Nice room”
Reviewed May 16, 2007

This suite was very nice, spacious and comfortable. The shower, tub and toilet are separated and the bath was clean. The toiletries were pleasant smelling. Reminded me of the Cool Water scents. The pillows were not comfortable though and the nightstand drawers would not stay
closed in our suite on the 2nd floor. The wet bar, microwave and refrigerator were nice additions. Both the sitting area and the bedroom had a flat screen tv (not plasma).

The housekeeping staff knocked on the door at 8:00 am and I found this odd since the "Do Not Distrub" sign was on the door. We did not use the pool or the hotel eateries. The internet services and printers are very expensive when many other hotels offer free wireless in these days and times. The location is a bit far from anything (you need a car) but, this is a business/convention area. There is a mall nearby and you can get a bite to eat and items that you may have forgotten from home.

• Liked — nice suite
  • Disliked — no free wireless
  • Stayed May 2007
1 Thank atlaroundtheworld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2007

I loved everything about our stay. Convenient parking, great service, the room was wonderful. We loved the extra room in the sitting area, and the bed was incredibly comfortable...maybe the best sleep that I have ever gotten at a hotel. The bathrooms are spacious, and I even loved the soap and shampoo! The hotel itself, was clean and spacious. We had the breakfast buffet, and the food was very good, and the waitstaff was very warm and welcoming. Quite honestly, I couldn't find a single thing wrong with our stay, and I would highly reccomend it to anyone. Although we did not use the pool, it was conveniently located, and looked very inviting.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — I loved everything!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Neese
Portsmouth
Reviewed April 20, 2007

My husband had to go on a training course near thishotel so booked the hilton after being recomended. I went over for a long weekend. This hotel was great. But you need a car there is a free shuttle service any where within 7 miles of the hotel. The rooms were large and clean.
Would stay here again.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — You need a car to get around.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank pepsi123
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 20, 2007

We booked 20 rooms at this hotel for a weekend couples' retreat. The rooms were awesome and fulfilled all our needs. Each couples had nothng but good things to say. The banquet facility, however, left something to be desired. The room was not set up as requested for each event. Also, the hotel caterers neglected to mentioned that in order for them to honor in 2007 the price quoted to us in 2006, they would only served the dark meat portion for the baked chicken. Our meal was served buffet style and we had to request that they replenishment the buffet each time something ran out. We hosted our group's entire weekend (from Friday through Sunday) in this hotel and not one time did the event's coordinator check in with us to ensure everything was to our satisfaction. Whenever, we had a need we were forced to disturb the front desk staff; who tried to service us while also assisting with the hotel's regular guests. I would recommend this hotel for it's sleeping rooms but I find the events facilities leaves a lot to be desired.

• Liked — Room comfort and extremely comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Events facilities and assistance
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank NKTB
Anaheim, California
Reviewed November 24, 2006

I stay at this hotel whenever I visit Chicago, because it's close to my company. I used to live nearby so I know the area well. The best thing about the Hilton is its location. It's close to Oakbrook Mall, so it's easy to find shopping activities, which is especially useful during the holidays. It's also right off Roosevelt Rd., and has veryn easy access to the Tri-State tollway, the Eisenhower (which will take you downtown), or the East-West Tollway, to take you to the western suburbs.

The rooms are all suites. They're pretty spacious, and you'll appreciate the small refrigerators as you can store drinks or snacks there. Rooms come with an iron and ironing board, but no robes or fancy amenities like slippers or free bottled water. The decor is basic boring hotel esthetic ... forgettable (and I've been staying there on and off for 6 years). They're clean, and they offer the "save the planet's water" feature where they claim they'll reuse your towels if you hang them up. Unfortunately they've never trained their maids to understand that, so whether you want to save water or not, expect clean towels daily.

Checking in is usually easy although the front desk staff isn't particularly helpful or knowledgeable. I'd say on about 25% of my trips something is wrong with the room: getting a handicapped room, for instance, instead of a "regular" room; no hot water (Room 219 on the 2nd floor); rooms on non-smoking floors with a smoky smell (perhaps from the cleaner they use?). The food in the restaurant in the hotel should be avoided unless there is a major snowstorm and you HAVE to eat in. Although they have a wine list, no vintages are listed and the server's knowledge about wines is limited to color (red or white). Food is boring and bland. You're better off heading to Emilio's Tapas on Roosevelt in Hillside (about a 10 minute drive east), to Baisi Thai (at the Oakbrook Mall), or to any of the other OB mall restaurants.

Beds are pretty comfortable after the remodel, with very nice linens and a cozy comforter.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bad restaurant food,
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank TNTGL
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2006

After driving 550 miles, my young son and I arrived at the Lombard Embassy Suites, only to be told our room would not be available for the night, even with our reservation. At first I was very angry, but then the front desk told me they were sending me to the Hilton Suites, just a few miles away. She assured me I would be pleased and could stay there for the duration of my reservation....FOR FREE! I only had to pay for incidentals.

I was quite pleased with the Hilton Suites. The suite was lovely and very clean. The king bed was extremely comfortable with high quality linens. The bath was huge with top quality toiletries and a separate shower, which was nice.

The building is fresh looking and the lobby and atrium very attractive.

The front desk staff were polite and efficient and made me feel welcome after a long drive and an aggravating situation. They gave me vouchers for free breakfasts for each morning of our stay. The buffet was sadly, average, at best. But how can I complain when it was free!

Room service was excellent and very prompt.

Overall, if the price were right, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

Very nice! Thanks Embassy suites!

• Liked — The very comfy beds and nearby shopping
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank Happy T
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 28, 2006

This is my third stay at this hotel but first in 4 years since they renovated and it's really nice for a Hilton. Great wet bar/kitchen area and huge bathrooms. The bar is good but not great but the restaurant has really been upgraded.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank Mrtjs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites? Share your experiences!