“I was disappointed.”

Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Reviewed November 10, 2009

The toilet wouldn't flush. We called to report it. and we were as\ured that it would be fixed while we were at breakfast. l tried to use the public restroom, but it was being cleaned. We returned to our room expecting that the toilet would be fixed. It wasn't. We had to go back down 8 floors to use the public restroom. As we were departing, the maintenance man was just arriving to assesss the problem. This was well over 1 hour after reporting the problem. We do not plan to return to this property. I am an HH Diamond VIP member.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2009

I think what is lacking is the personal touch that staff needs to offer to the hotel guests. They just need to be more personable each and every time they see a guest walk by the front desk. This may not be so true with the staff during the day shift probably because there could be a lot of managers around.
Leaving for my work at 5.45am I could not find a decent cup of coffee besides the instant coffee that comes out the machine in the restaurant.
This week I was informed abou Room 1002 where I was told that I could get beverages and snacks at any time of the day. I tried to do that, but found that there was a bowl of snacks that seemed to be there for a while. The followin day the same snack bowl with the same snack with exact the same qty from the previous day... There is room for improvement in this area.
One night I could not find a parking space at night after a long day at work. Seems there was some function that was going on next door and most of the parking spaces were occupied by the guests from over there. I know for a fact that the hotel was not at full 100% capacity occupied. There needs to be some priority given to the hotel guests for parking.
But overall, I am comfortable in my room and Ilike staying here.

1  Thank nshinde
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel for six months for a client engagement. The business suites are ideally suited for a regular traveller - the office and bedroom are physically separated by doors, and each room has its own sink and tv. In addition, staff member Pat Jacobs makes this spansive hotel feel as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

Just returned from our 4th or 5th stay here this year. The rooms are spacious 2 room suites and are very clean and well appointed. The breakfasts are good and the bar is comfortable and has a good selection. But most of all, the staff are just wonderful. Very attentive, friendly, and just really make the place special. Sure, it's not the least expensive place to stay in the area, but it's really worth it.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I've been traveling about 12 years--checking in on Mondays and checking out on Fridays. I always am looking for quiet, clean, and friendly places where I feel like I am at home (well) closed to home.

I've have stayed at Hilton Chicago/Oakbrook fall of 2008 thru May this year and came back because they have wonderful staff who are very friendly and always smile as you come in to the property. I especially got to know Ms. Pat Jacobs and Kelly, I think, at the front desk...Ms Jacobs and I share with my beautiful grandbaby pics and stories...and yes...at the restaurant...Waja...she smiles all the time how pleasant she is.

The food at the restaurant is great and the rooms are always clean. They try to set aside a room that is my favorite every week AND YES- the workout room has been revamped and improved! IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACE TO STAY WHEN POSSIBLE! STAFFS ARE JUST GREAT!

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I truly enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was very quiet, clean comfortable and the King Executive Suite was the right size for us to comfortably stay for 3 nights. I wish I could have stayed a couple more days. The workout room was awesome also.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Planning to go back to shop for the holidays in Oakbrook.

Wish we could have eaten at the hotel but the breakfast menue was way too costly.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites? Share your experiences!