“Wow!”

Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Chicago, Illinois
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at this property on March 8/9th and all I can say is everything exceeded my expectations.

The property is very, very clean. The rooms are spacious and very quiet...the property even has a quiet policy which is outstanding!

The staff at check-in was efficient and friendly. The process went very smoothly and without a hitch.

Irma, one of the housekeeping staff, went out of her way to be pleasant while I rode the elevator with her, she asked how I was doing and if I needed anything (highly unusual). Just goes to show you each employee takes ownership of the property helping to ensure a great experience.

I've been to many, many hotels for meeting and for leisure and if you're contemplating staying here, don't hesitate one second. The location is close to everything Oakbrook Centre has to offer from dining to shopping to the show at the Drury Lane.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. If I ever have the opportunity to travel to Oakbrook, you will be sure I'll have my reservation at the Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were great but if you really want extra quiet, ask to stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for the kind review and for mentioning Irma. We will recognize her for her service and will share your comments as well with our team.

Best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Davenport, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel has top notch employees and do a wonderful job keeping the building well maintained and clean. Suite was in perfect condition and they have showers with wonderful rain heads that are relaxing after a long day. Business center has an excellent color photocopier that works great. Wonderful experience with everything but one. This Hilton at one time had excellent food. My first day I noticed that the menu had changed to more of a bar menu, and that the better items had been removed. I did order, and the quality was aweful. I was surprised and disappointed. When I asked about it, I was told that a new chef was now in charge and had made changes. These changes were not for the better.

Room Tip: Floor 9 away from the elevators is the quietest spot
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Steve,
Thank you for staying with us both in September of last year and recently. We are installing new menus and I was disappointed to hear your experience was not up to par with our standards. We have removed items that did not sell and are replacing with updated and new items. While we are in this process we will take all feedback and continue to adjust the menu. One change that will be made more clear will be the ability for our guests to request any alterations to menu items or for an item not on the menu. As long as we have fresh product we will be happy to make these items. Healthy alterations are always welcome. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and welcome any additional feedback.

Larchmont, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I must say my 5 night stay at the Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites was wonderful.
I arrived on Sunday night and realized I forgot my Apple MacBook Air charger at home - crisis!
Michael Reynoldsen at the Front Desk was UNBELIEVABLY helpful. He called Apple, then WalMart, then Target then Apple again - to ask if the Apple Store Manager would drive by and drop one off for me - the Apple Manager would not :-(
So he called Best Buy, found out they were open until 8:00PM, called me a taxi and I got my charger
Just unbelievable service and so helpful. Michael is a star.

Maria,
Thank you for recognizing Michael. He is one of a kind and frequently goes above and beyond normal expectations as in your case. Our team is recognizing him with a BEST CARD =$5 and will share your comments with him as well. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you return in the future.

Best
JUAREZ, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Nice stay, gym was very nice, I'll just add some music system where you can put your ipod and would make it perfect. Rooms are classy and very clean, food is ok on room service, good breakfast options (especially the omelette =) ) I will come back on my next trip for sure

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your using our gym and will increast the music level in there for your enjoyment. As well we are expecting another new PRECOR strength trainer shortly that will only add to the range of workout options. We do realize how important breakfast is, and we are updating our menus with more healthy options. We do cook to order eggs and even if it is not on the menu we will be happy to make anything we have fresh product for.

Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Enjoyed staying at the hotel - large room, comfortable bed, quality coffee in the room, 2 TVs, restaurant and bar on site, friendly staff, and shuttle to local mall/restaurants.

The only downside is not being able to get to restaurants easily if you don't have a car. Walking to restaurants is out of the question in the winter....but maybe in the summer and if you don't mind walking a half mile or so. At least there is a free shuttle to take you around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Natley,
Thank you for your review! We do offer a full menu at our restuarant and bar for those cold nights where you want to stay put, but as you mentioned we also have our shuttle which makes regular stops at the restaurants just down the street (Gibsons, Cheesecake, etc).

Thank you for staying with us!
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Was in the area for a seminar and needed to stay overnight. The hotel room suite was large and had everything that anyone could need. The front desk personnel and the morning buffet employees could not have been more friendlier and bigger smiles! Buffet was very nice.

The gym was impressive and was well equipped! As others have said parking is right outside the front doors.

Marc,
I appreciate your recognition of our team and thank you for your business. We thrive on great service and feel rewarded when we see comments such as yours. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Oak Brook, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

My colleagues and I had a great experience at this hotel. There was free internet and a free shuttle that took us everywhere we needed to go to prepare for our convention during our stay. We couldn't have had an easier, more pleasant experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Jilian,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear our free internet and complimentary shuttle fit your needs and that we delivered on our promise for service. I hope you and your associates will return during the warmer months and experience our outdoor Terrace as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites? Share your experiences!