All reviews stores and restaurants staff was very friendly pool area is rooms are spacious front desk staff night stay nice property next morning business center oak brook bistro lobby chicago shopping lombard renovation downtown
Reviewed October 24, 2010

The lobby is beautiful and very updated.. however the rooms are just ok... the tub was not as clean as I would have liked it ..the mattress was not comfortable and the rooms have not been updated...not sure if i would stay here for a longer period of time but one night is good enough,,,

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed in one of their hotel suites for 3 nights and the fist night I found 1 spider and 1 bug, throughout our stay I found more bugs and then the last night we were staying there I found 2 bugs in our bed and I shook my pants out and a spider flew out. I called down stairs to see if we could switch rooms and the lady was not very nice and ended up switching our rooms on a different floor and on the complete other side of the hotel (this was at 4 am) I asked the front desk if we could leave some of our stuff there and get in the morning at 10 am but she said there was no way we could do that, she would not work with us at all and when we did switch rooms we rerented the same movie that we were watching before we had to switch rooms and they almost didn't take it off our new room charge. The staff was not very friendly and at least 8 bugs/spiders throughout the room. I will NEVER stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jbeilsten
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I travel to chicago often (once every other month) because of the great restaurants, shopping, night life - visit family and friends.

It's important to balance my hotel budget so there will be more funds for fun! I absolutely like Marriott properties and have stayed at Marriott all the way to Fairfield. That said, I had a better experience at their Fairfield in Lombard.

As I stated in my title, "great, you remodeled the lobby, but I honestly could care less about the lobby and more about my room." The lobby fools you into thinking the lobby is a represenation of the entire hotel - NOT SO!!

First, my husband made reservations 4 months ahead and requested extra towels and pillows as we are pretty active and go through about 3 sets of towels daily. When we arrived, I thought it odd that guest services asked me if I preferred a lower or higher floor (doesnt really make a difference since this property only has 2 floors). When I arrived in the room I understood why? Because the property did not bother to read our requests, therefore the room was not ready with extra towels and pillows upon entrance. This is not really that big a deal, but I've stayed at what is considered 2 tiers less at the Fairfield and when I arrived they already had my requested items in the room.

Second, as a reviewer stated from 2009 the KING SIZE MATTRESSES OR HORRIBLE!! I believe I must have gotten the same one she had because there was a more than obvious dip on the side closest to the door. Management should realize that most travelers will sleep on the side closest to the door because it's more convienient and if they watch tv in bed, this will also be the side utilized the most resulting in a more worn out mattress than will need to be replaced more frequently than mattresses at home.

Third, replace those worn out sofabeds. My gosh me and husband sat down only to almost hit the floor. We immediately pulled ourselves out and sat on the bed. I personally do not like using a bed for the purpose of sitting. It WEARS OUT THE MATTRESS and offers no back support.

Lastly, when was the last time someone cleaned the bathroom doors and bleached the shower/tub? The bathroom door looked as if they were doing repairs and the mainenance man kept using the door itself to open and close on his way in and out as there were grimy hand prints on the door. The shower, well I like to soak at least one night of my trips and the next day when we returned the tub had this god awful ring as if I hadn't showered in years. This happens with someone uses any tub that hasn't been properly cleaned - it stains very easily.

I try to find the positive in any situation so the positive to this property is its centrally located next to restaurants and shopping and its newly remodeled lobby.

If you plan your vacations around how nice the lobby looks this is the place for you. However, if you're like the rest of the world and would like modern conveniences such as a nice mattress, clean showers and updated heating/cooling units keep looking.

Sorry Marriott - this courtyard is a BUST!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClinicalDoc
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I booked a night over Valentine's Day weekend so my boyfriend and I could have a night alone together as we both lived with roommates.

I booked this hotel bc it's close to where I live and they were offering a Target gift card with purchase. I though the rate was high but considering the gift card which could be used for things I needed anyway, I went ahead and booked.

For the price, I didn't expect the hotel to be as outdated as it was. The King size bed was not comfortable. All in all it was ok.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2009

We stayed four nights for a big family Thanksgiving gathering nearby. The heating system could be turned either on or off, no thermostat- which resulted in our waking every night sweltering and turning it off. We also tried going without but were too cold. Our in-laws spent one night in a nearby room with same heating problem.The bedding supplied was not heavy and there were no extra blankets. (though we never asked housekeeping to obtain extras). Pillows were pitiful and lumpy.
Room was smallish, toiletries supplied were very basic (soap, shampoo, conditioner, but no shower cap). Breakfasts were fine, lobby was being remodelled. Perhaps they will upgrade heating and air in rooms soon as well. Not what I expect from Marriott, even Courtyard.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple