“Average, outdated but ok if you get low price”

Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I booked a night over Valentine's Day weekend so my boyfriend and I could have a night alone together as we both lived with roommates.

I booked this hotel bc it's close to where I live and they were offering a Target gift card with purchase. I though the rate was high but considering the gift card which could be used for things I needed anyway, I went ahead and booked.

For the price, I didn't expect the hotel to be as outdated as it was. The King size bed was not comfortable. All in all it was ok.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 29, 2009

We stayed four nights for a big family Thanksgiving gathering nearby. The heating system could be turned either on or off, no thermostat- which resulted in our waking every night sweltering and turning it off. We also tried going without but were too cold. Our in-laws spent one night in a nearby room with same heating problem.The bedding supplied was not heavy and there were no extra blankets. (though we never asked housekeeping to obtain extras). Pillows were pitiful and lumpy.
Room was smallish, toiletries supplied were very basic (soap, shampoo, conditioner, but no shower cap). Breakfasts were fine, lobby was being remodelled. Perhaps they will upgrade heating and air in rooms soon as well. Not what I expect from Marriott, even Courtyard.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2009

This hotel was nice. It was quite. Not a lot of noise. The beds were very comfortable. There was a lot of room. The staff was very nice. The brought us a port-a-crib for our 1year old. We need a few plates and utensils for our food. There was FREE parking, but not breakfast. That was not really a problem. IT was far from the city, but it was the closest for the price that we paid. Over all it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Good hotel, typical Courtyard. Great property site in a business park, off of the highway. Lots of good restaurants nearby. I'll return when I need to be in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Hotel was a little too far from the airports for my liking, but was only about 15 minutes to the train station, which was good. If you're looking to travel to the city, stay elswehere, it will be an $80 cab ride. The Meeting rooms were pretty uncomfortable - either too hot or too cold, but never a nice medium. Definitely bring a sweater with you if you are meeting in ANY of the rooms. Very small business center - only 3/4 computers and the lights shut off if you're in there for too long....strange. The food was decent, but nothing spectacular. The good thing is there is a starbucks in the lobby upstairs so you can grab something quick before a meeting. There is also a pretty good mall across the street that you can walk too. The rooms were basic & clean, nothing to rave about, but ok for a day or two. There were no technical difficulties that I know of in regards to presentations/meetings. Not too bad, just out of the way.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Has a very comfortable stay
Great food, very helpful staff, extremely clean, extremely efficient...

Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I will say that there wasn't necessarily anything "wrong" with this hotel. I just hated it.

We stayed here one night before flying out early the next morning. This hotel was close to where we were hanging out that night so it was a nice location to stay between the event & our early flight.

It was the worst nights sleep we had. The mattress was so uncomfortable. The mattress was this awful, thin, foam thing that just made me toss & turn all night.

The room itself was clean. Basic but clean. It had the same decor as the last Courtyard I stayed at, but the god awful mattress.

I would never want to stay again. Or if I "won" this on Priceline again I'd just sleep on the pull-out couch, swear it'd be more comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
2 mi away
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbro...
#7 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!