Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
$132
Hilton.com
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace(Oakbrook Terrace)(Great Value!)
$88
$179
  • Restaurant
$143
$90
All reviewsnice lobbystores and restaurantsstaff was very friendlyquiet hotelpool area isrooms are spaciousfront desk staffshuttle servicenight staynice propertynext morningbusiness centeroakbrook malloak brookbistrochicagoshopping
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Would have given 5 stars across the board except that the bed was SO uncomfortable I woke up with neck and back pain. Business colleague that I travelled with had the same problem. Otherwise, the room was spotless, hotel was quiet, service was great. Really appreciated Starbucks coffee in the lobby!

• Stayed: May 2013
LuciKrych, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Cemmo1,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard Oakbrook Terrace. I am sorry to hear that your bed was very uncomfortable, we have had nothing but tremendous reviews about our new plush bedding.

We also appreciate your positive review on our hotel's services and amenities. Gotta love that Starbucks!

We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have to agree with another reviewer, the walls are thin. We could hear people talking in the hallway way past 11 p.m. which didn't set well with our preschooler. Other than that, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. We enjoyed the pool, which was clean and water was warm. Love the location which is close to Oak Brook Mall and other attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Momcat63,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to post it on our Trip Advisor page. We are sorry to hear that you feel the walls are too thin, I am going to have our engineer look into our weather stripping. We appreciate your positive review on our room cleanliness and that you enjoyed our pool area.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

From check-in to check-out my stay couldn't have been better. The staff was accommodating in terms of all of my needs and they were friendly and professional at all times. The room was immaculate when I walked in and the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
LuciKrych, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Jeff,
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post on our TripAdvisor page. Thank you especially for mentioning our staff. We work hard as a team to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new beds, hopefully it felt like a little slice of home.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with friends for an event that was held down the road at the Abbington Banquet hall and absolutely loved it. The lobby was gorgeous and the staff was very personable. Our rooms were spacious, and even offered a sliding glass door to the outside that opened a few inches for fresh air. The bathrooms were a great size, especially for two people needing to get ready. The bed slept like a dream. Overall, very satisfied and looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott; Chicago Oakbrook Terrace. We are thrilled to see that you found our services and amenities to be just what you and your friends needed while traveling. I am happy to hear that our staff was very helpful during your stay. We work hard as a team to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wow, I have never stayed at a hotel with thinner walls! If you're a business traveler and out the door at dark-thirty, you probably have nothing to worry about. I doubt anyone will be making noise in the middle of the night (but who knows). Our room was next to the door going out to the parking lot, and we heard every "bang" of the door closing all morning long as folks left the hotel. I actually get up early everyday (5:30-6am) but when coming from California and I'm on vacation, I would like to sleep in until 7am (9am Chicago time). But oh no, not here!! If you're flying from out of this time zone, I don't recommend this place at all.

Let me break it down with pros & cons:
Check in -
We got in late and I have a family of 4 so I checked in on my own to figure out where our room was. The lady at front reception didn't smile and acted like she didn't want to be there. Great. Way to start out my stay. Now I don't want to be here either. She gave me my keys and told me where to drive my car so it's closer to my room. I asked about breakfast and she pointed behind me and told me when they'll be open. I asked if there was a free breakfast buffet and she looked like I just asked for her first child. Breakfast is like $11 for a breakfast burrito/sandwich, and that doesn't include a drink. No thanks, we went out to a restaurant.

Rooms -
Normal size, modern, comfy beds. Super thin walls. I can hear everyone walk down the hall or walk out the door to the parking lot. We were close to indoor pool, which looked nice, but there is no hot tub.

Lobby -
Modern, clean, lots of places to sit and relax or plug in. Great for business travelers. TVs are everywhere though and they are all on the depressing news. No way to change the channel. Um, no thanks. Wouldn't eat my breakfast there. Also very expensive food bar and staff was unfriendly.

Location -
Between Yorktown and Oakbrook Malls, but not walking distance to anything. We stayed here as a stop over and I used my points, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near a door that leads to the outside.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
LuciKrych, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Nicki,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and bring your concerns to my attention. I would love to discuss your stay further and can be reached either at 630-691-1500 or by email: luci.krych@marriott.com